Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Joy of the right tool for the job.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

Nearly snipped my fingers off trying to undo a Chris King hub cone on Sunday using long nosed pliers. The Lecht Rocks came up with a keenly priced proper tool. It arrived this morning. The job is now an absolute joy.

alpin
    Free Member

i’ve just taken out old forks and head set and fitted new head set and forks. got to use my homemade head set removal tool (bit of ally pipe split/flared into four at one end – thread through and bash with hammer till cups jump out), head set fitting tool (long bolt with various sized washers) and crown race setting tool (bit of PVC plumbers pipe taped up on both ends to stop splitting).

also made up a proper bleed kit after a visit to pet shop (hose) and pharmacy (syringes). try explaining through mime to the german lady behind the counter that you want a syringe without knowing the word in german (spritze, if you need, write it down) without getting funny looks.

bike mechanics aint all so hard, is it?

Hooter
    Free Member

Agreed! Getting a proper chainset bolt tool and mini mole grips (for cable brakes) both made my life sooooo much easier 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Joy of the right tool for the job.’ is closed to new replies.