Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Joplin seatposts – can you retro fit a remote to one with lever?
  • scud
    Free Member

I had an old Joplin seatpost with a remote, but it was cut short and doesn't fit my new frame.

I purchased a new Jopin 3 without the remote, just a lever as I was told i could swap the two over and it was cheaper.

Tried to do it myself, then took it Evans (only local shop to work unfortunately) where they told it couldn't be done.

Any ideas the wise ones of STW?

akira

Here you go.
    Obviously if you already have the lever you don't need to buy the kit but means you can convert.

MrNutt
    Free Member

tie a piece of string to a pedal but don't sit down and pedal at the same time?

SOAP
    Free Member

everything comes with the crank bros lever kit

mr_mills
    Free Member

I fitted the remote kit to my non-remote Joplin and it's dead easy. The instructions are really crap though so you might have to use common sense instead.

scud
    Free Member

I already have the remote on the old post and a new Joplin with the lever, I want to swop the lever and the remote between the 2 posts.

It appear that the lever and the smaller "lever" that the remote actuates are attached my a small round pin eiher side or all the way through, but i cannot see how to take them off. Any ideas?

mr_mills
    Free Member

You need to put something in the hole that's about the same diameter as the pin and whack it with a hammer until it pushes out far enough to swap the levers (but not all the way out). I think my remote kit came with a little pin that I used for that purpose.

SOAP
    Free Member

I used a big hammer and a masonry nail and knocked the pin out! it was a well and truly in there!

scud
    Free Member

Thanks Mr Mills, i thought that would be the case but i know what i'm like, i do most of my bike fettling with a hammer to variable results! My luck id whack the pin out and not get it back in.

Cheers.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Joplin seatposts – can you retro fit a remote to one with lever?’ is closed to new replies.