• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by nuke.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Joplin seatpost – maintenance issue with 10mm nut
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I know, get a Reverb, but this is a sort of spare post.

When I try to tighten the 10mm which holds the outer sleeve in place, it just rotates, turning the inner air cylinder with it. The seat post operates OK otherwise (non remote version). I was trying to carry out routine cleaning and top up the air pressure back to 70psi.

Any idea what would cause this, I cant tighten the 10mm nut to the required torque at the moment.

cheers

nuke

Normal from what ive found and if you can tighten it to required torque, thats fine then.

I wouldn’t go tightening too much anyway as when you come to next undo do it, if the nut/shaft binds at all to the silver insert in the outer sleeve, you can find the silver insert starts to unscrew instead of the nut and thats a bit of a pain

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks, yes, I’ve had that issue too. Maybe just go with some threadlock in that case to stop it vibrating lose.

(I wont mention the Joplin I destroyed by over torquing that nut and snapping the bottom of the shaft….)

nuke

I wont mention the Joplin I destroyed by over torquing that nut and snapping the bottom of the shaft…

Ive done that too 😀 …was on a bike trip in molini at the time 😥

Personally i wouldn’t bother with threadlock as it could be more hassle than its worth and just check the nut after a few rides…if its the lever version, its not like its a big deal to remove it and check the nut

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Joplin seatpost – maintenance issue with 10mm nut’ is closed to new replies.