Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Joplin issue
  • neil853
    Free Member

I bought a joplin to replace my now useless maverick seatpost about 6 months ago. The maverick had developed loads of sis to side play and i need the outer sleeve that was either impossible or expenive to source. The Joplin, after litterally 5-10 rides has developed a large amount of side to side slack.

have other people had any issues? I'm loosing patience with these seatposts like, they all seem flawed. Mines going back to CRC today anyway. For the record they have been very helpful.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

ring 2pure and get it back to them directly

JimBowen
    Free Member

I had the same problem with my Maverick, good idea but crap design and build.

Resorted back to normal seatpost and QR clamp.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Just had news from 2pure regarding mine that i sent back – new Joplin 4 in the post 🙂

neil853
    Free Member

racing_ralph what was wrong with yours?

geetee1972
    Free Member

The lateral play is a well known issue with the original Joplin (the 3" version) but it is purportedly cured by the Joplin 4. The original used one slotted bush while the new one uses two.

In fairness the play does not stop if from working, although it can get so bad at to be quite disconcerting.

There is nothing you can do to fix it other than ask the retailer/distributor to swap it for a Joplin 4, which I know they are doing.

They are all flawed, perhaps until the Rock Shox Reverb comes out, but they are still worth every penny and every moment of hassle IME.

AnnaJones
    Free Member

Is it the Joplin 4 that you've had problems with?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=48474

I was thinking about getting this one, so any feedback on what they're like would be great.

neil853
    Free Member

I totally agree that they are massively useful but the side to side play isn't acceptable, especially after i've just replaced one with similar amounts at a significant amount. I'll ring 2pure now and see what happens.

neil853
    Free Member

no joplin 3

racing_ralph
    Free Member

air seal blew twice i think

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Joplin issue’ is closed to new replies.