Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Joplin 3 Xmas present, fit ? or return and replace ?
  • jimr80
    Free Member

After reading a few threads on here i get the impression that the joplin 3 posts seem to have their problems. So do i fit the post given to me for Xmas or returm it and put the extra towards a pure racing i900 or simular.
    Or have i just read about peoples bad experiences and are their riders out there that rate them. Views please.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Use it until it breaks, return to supplier/importer for new/repaired one if it does. Simples

nuke

What Steve said. I have a Joplin 3 which has been back and had the internals upgraded and have just bought another…thankfully 2Pure are excellent 😀

mildred

They’re fine, and have a 2 year warranty. For the extra money the performance between the others is negligable.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

My joplin 3 broke several times, replaced with joplin 4 🙂

nuke

replaced with joplin 4

…by 2Pure?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

yup no questions

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

fit and zip tie on a neoprene shock boot or length of cut-down inner tube (less sexy but probably more effective) to keep the crud out and I cant see how you could have a problem; the only issues are the poor sealing (solved with the boot) and the play (which I dont notice and wont get worse if you keep the crud out).

Santa (AKA Mr MC) brought me a Joplin 3 for Xmas too 😀

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve had one for a year or so and the ont issue i had was a bit of slop that was cured with some new guide blocks (which 2pure supplied FOC as it happened within the first few months). since then It’s been fine.

On the boot issue i ran mine with a boot for a while but upon recomendation from Ran @ 2pure i took it off. He recomends a quick service a bit more often than running a boot. Mainly because if anything gets past the boot it tends to stay in there. I haven’t noticed any difference since doing so.

2pure’s customer service is superb though, the best I’ve ever come accross

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Munqe-chick – Member
    fit and zip tie on a neoprene shock boot or length of cut-down inner tube (less sexy but probably more effective) to keep the crud out and I cant see how you could have a problem; the only issues are the poor sealing (solved with the boot) and the play (which I dont notice and wont get worse if you keep the crud out).

Santa (AKA Mr MC) brought me a Joplin 3 for Xmas too

If you think a neoprene shock boot is “sexy” i worry about your perception of things

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

neil, Mr MC’s post seized solid on its second (admittedly very wet) ride and whe he finally forced it down was rewarded with a face full of welsh muddy water, so unless Ran thinks it reasonable to service (which is a simple task) every ride we’ll be sticking to a boot as a first line of defence. I’ve heard the same argument for years against shock boots on rear shocks, which is reasonable if it encourages you to neglect the component and not maintain it. Mr MC is a pathological tinkerer and fettler so that wont be an issue.

LOl @ r_r, my point being if you have a nice bike built out of good looking quality components, a cut-down bit of tube looks a bit heath robinson and cheap compared to something purpose-made.

neil853
    Free Member

MC – i wasn’t telling you to do it more pissing on the industry recomendation that i was told. One or two of my mates saw it as a way of avoiding stripping it down which as you say is not the case. I think some people have had worse luck/issues than others, I’ve never had mine stick no matter what the weather (gets sticky yes but not stuck). I don’t think they’re the finished product but with some tlc (and some help from 2pure) mine has been fine.

)

steve_b77
    Free Member

I really do fancy one, wonder how long they’ll be cheap @ CRC

neil853
    Free Member

Obviously i meant ‘passing’ on industry recomendation 🙂 stupid predictive text thingy

steve_b77
    Free Member

Happy New Year to me (courtesy of Mrs Me) 😆

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

STeve does it matter how long they are cheap … buy it now and it stops you wondering!

steve_b77
    Free Member

See above 😆

Brianblessed
    Free Member

three of my mates bought them and two have returned them (one after 2 weeks) after they stopped working. in my experience crank bros stuff is overpriced cr-p. sorry. 🙁

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Joplin 3 Xmas present, fit ? or return and replace ?’ is closed to new replies.