Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • joolze dymond
  • mt
    Free Member

Whats going on with Joolze's website? Trying to find pictures.

joolzed
    Free Member

My hosting company, without warning has pulled the plug, disabling my domain yesterday lunch time. I am fighting hard to get it reinstated asap, please bare with me and hopefully normal service will resume soon….
    Joolze

foxyrider
    Free Member

Are you sure you didn't forget to pay your fees like I did a while ago 😉

Seriously I think you should claim for lost revenue if they are at fault!

joolzed
    Free Member

LOL. No everything is paid up front:0) That isn't the issue.
    CPU is their issue. Usage apparently jumped from 5% to 20% overnight. Can't see it myself (especially as I can't access my data either) but they have the plug in their hands….

foxyrider
    Free Member

Usage apparently jumped from 5% to 20% overnight

– DoS? (Denial of Service) Sounds like they have a problem with their server then. Are other website affected – are you on a shared server? Hmm – Name and shame Joolz 🙂 You do have a contract with them? So are they breaking their side if they don't get it up and running soon?

joolzed
    Free Member

Yep shared service. Just annoyed that they gave no warning just turned off the switch and don't seem to bothered that it's affecting my business:0(
    Guess I do have a contract as I paid up front, but their argument is that my site is affecting other sites on the server.

Still working on it:0(

stumpy01

Blatant hijack…..

Oooooh, seeing as you're on here & your website is pooped…..fancy contributing to this…..? No one else seem to want to 😥 boo hoo…

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/advice-for-photographing-birds-the-winged-variety

I did recently buy one of your 24/12 pics if that sways your 'advice giving' nice-ness!! 😉 🙂

I'll be using a D80 with the Nikon 70-300 VR lens. Just a bit concerned I'm gonna leave the day with a card full of blurry pics…..

mt
    Free Member

Ok Joolze, I can wait did have a chance to see some of the Torq 12:12 pictures before site went. Will order a few once back up. Good luck.

Stumpy01 – Suspect Joolze is a tad concerned about other issues now, how about paying her for advice to make up for the lost revenue.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hmm does sound odd – do they think someone is trying to hack the site? – surely if nothing has changed in the website code/sql links then its down to the server software or data corruption – i.e. apache server in your case? Does sound like a problem their end IMHO 🙂 Good luck getting it back online!

joolzed
    Free Member

LOL Stumpy01. I'd love to give you advice but feathered birds aren't really something I've ever covered! I've certainly thought about it but just haven't found the time to haul myself out of my ditch!
    You should be fine with the gear you have. One bit advice might be to switch the VR off, as it slows down the auto focus a tad which might not help. I rarely use VR, unless I have the after morning shakes or I'm sat in the back of a van;0)
    I'm sure if it's a photo course they will give you plenty of the advice you need. Take your flash along they may be using birds that are used to posing and flashing so to speak:0) Good luck

MT – Ta, just need to be patient and see what happens by the looks of it they aren't being terribly helpful:0(

stumpy01

Cheers Joolze….I will try turning the VR off. Just need to read through the manual a bit to look for wide area AF & all that. Hopefully it will be a sunny day.
    Not got round to buying a flash yet – umming and aaaahing for too long (all spare cash goes on replacing worn bike parts!!), but will bite the bullet soon. Hopefully, won't be too much need for one.

Yeah……I'm sure there'll be plenty of advice once we're there.

Good Luck with the website!! Threaten them with a knock on the door from some lycra clad cyclists – that'll scare them into action! Or not!

lookmanohands
    Free Member

Hi Joolze, did you mange to upload the piccys from the torq12 before they pulled the plug? Think you might have got a few of me with the race face on!

joolzed
    Free Member

Yeah, that was what made it fall over apparently:0( Everyone rushing to see the pics.
    Unfortunately the Torq 12 images are held on my site which we cant access, until they turn it all back on, which is not looking hopeful.
    At the mo I'm looking at alternative arragements…
    This is nearly as much fun as the rash I picked up rolling in the ditch:0(

rottwiler
    Free Member

Can you do a nice picture of some jam for a friend of mine Joolze 😀

joolzed
    Free Member

LOL…. In hand,the jar is sitting here on my desk top just waiting 🙂

theotherjonv

I managed a look at the 12:12 photos before the site crashed and some of the effect ones (like the Blue Grotto) are brilliant.

Less brilliant seems to be the fact that neither you nor Mr Joolze managed to get one of me, although i could swear you took some. Do you delete some before upload? Any more of team 400 that weren't good enough to load up? I can't imagine you missed me, or that they were blurred, Iw asn't moving fast enough.

If you really haven't got any, can i see some jam photos instead?

joolzed
    Free Member

Um we do delete some of the ones that don't quite make the mark….there are also quite a few that aren't named as I couldn't see the rider number, search the backend of the site ( when it's up and running again) do a search for images starting with a D31 or D32
    You might be in there failing that (and it looks like I may have some time on my hands) I will post some pics of jam soon!

joolzed
    Free Member

Yeah after a bit of a fight she's back up!!! Lets see if we've sorted out the problem,
    Phew!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘joolze dymond’ is closed to new replies.