Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Jools Holland's "Hoot" whatever it is…
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Of course, in listening to me play the guitar (which I can't) and then listening to say, Jimmy Page play the guitar – if you weren't a guitarist yourself, offering an opinion as to the whether one was better than the other would IMMEDIATELY attract the opprobrium of the various forumites inhabiting this very thread… I mean, how VERY DARE YOU have an opinion about it!

Feh. Load of nonsense.

Happy New Year.

john_drummer
    Free Member

aha! I thought so.

it's like all those "art critics" who can't even do painting by numbers…

falkirk-mark

Al murray ,what is the point of that guy.
    and john drummer does that mean if someone asks you about 'last nights whatevever' you do not pass comment as you are not an expert?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

I once saw Jools Holland interviewing Moz on the show. He and the band were all wearing identical brown suits. In the interview at the piano, Mozza said (with perfect straight face) the suit he had on was left to him in the actor Stanley Baker's will – he said it was the same suit Baker wore in the 1950's film "Helldrivers".

Holland fell for it hook line and sinker and it was only then a faint smirk appeared on the Mancunian crooner's face…

john_drummer
    Free Member

yeah, generally.

I'd be happy to say "I don't like Karma Chameleon", for example, but to criticise the guitar playing, or harmonica, is beyond me. I could maybe have a go at the drumming, but as the guy playing was a pro and way better than me, would be kind of churlish. do you see where I'm going?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Name me a film you don't like and tell me why…

john_drummer
    Free Member

Mamma Mia. It's full of Abba songs. and I don't like Abba.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Why not?

john_drummer
    Free Member

never did

you're not going to get me to criticise Abba – to be frank I admire them.
    I just don't like their music, any more than I like Country & Western, or "R'n'B". Simply not to my taste. Probably any more than the music that is to my taste doesn't do anything for you.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Be a good film if there were no Abba songs, eh?

juiced
    Free Member

Jools is a legend.

grantway
    Free Member

Cant stand the Jimmy the Cricket look a like
    So so dead and boring show too
    Look at the line up! il walk the plank first 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

it wouldn't be a film without the Abba songs. come on you can do better than that

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yes, I know.

john_drummer
    Free Member

anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that one can have an opinion about something, without going overboard and criticising something that one is not qualified to criticise.

you may not have liked Rodrigo y whatever her name is, that's fine.

night all

MrWoppit
    Free Member

"qualified", eh?

chewkw
    Free Member

They are all shite.

😡

dyna-ti

This guy is good to listen to 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-lUBlbJkrQ&feature=PlayList&p=C0874BB9F1DDE9BD&index=0
    And
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bSxPyroCYs

not flamenco[like i'd know 😆 ]but a damn good guitarist all the same

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Jools Holland's "Hoot" whatever it is…’ is closed to new replies.