Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Jones Spaceframe help ~ front mech
  • Denis99
    Free Member

I have just bought a used Jones Spaceframe from a member off this forum, and all is well and good with the frame and wheels.

However, I would like to fit a double chain set and therefore need a front mech.

I can only see one front mech cable stop on the left hand side of one of the top tubes.

Does the cable from the front mech shifter enter the cable stop with the outer cable on, and the exit the stop without any outer cable on it?

Images on the ‘net look like the inner cable then wraps around the seat post down tube and brace , looks like it has the outer cable back on and then down to the front mech.

Hope my confusion makes sense.

scotroutes

Don’t know if this photo helps

24″ Spaceframe bicycle

(Not mine)

Denis99
    Free Member

Thanks,

Yes it does help a lot.

Looks like the cable with the outer comes from the front shifter and enters the cable stop on the left hand side of the Spaceframe tube.

Then the cable exits without any outer cable on it, until it meets the seat post tube and brace. This is where the outer cable is then put back on and routed down to the front mech.

Thanks for the image, that will help be a great deal.

Can’t wait to get out on it, I have a pair of sandals already, but Won’t be able to grow a beard and ponytail in time for the first ride though

timbur
    Free Member

You need a small amount of skinny outer tube to route the cable over the rear horizontal stay bridge. Odd set up but it works.
    Tim

Jossie

Mine is set up like the photo above with skinny outer, works well but does look a bit odd. Let me know if you want a pic and will get you one tomorrow if it will help.

Denis99
    Free Member

Joss is thanks.

If you could send me an image it would help.

I was assuming that you had to use the gear outer cable around the seat post / brace area.

What is the. Skinny tube made of , is it just a piece of plastic hose like that used for bleeding brakes?

Email in my profile.

singlespeedstu

Denis.
    Email me your addy and I’ll post you some of the tubing that Jeff gave me with my frame many moons ago.

Denis99
    Free Member

Ta very much
    Regards

Denis

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Jones Spaceframe help ~ front mech’ is closed to new replies.