Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Jones owners..best bike you’ve owned??
  • phildowling
    Free Member

The need for a Jones Spaceframe is slowly growing inside me..although id have to sell nearly all my bikes to afford one at the moment.

Are they really that good though? Needs to be the best bike you’ve ridden kinda level. Gratious pics allowed 🙄

Enjoy my Ti 29er lynskey so am already a big fan of the concept to some extent. 🙂

Dave did you get yours after? Singlespeed Stu is it your bike of choice?

fozzybear
    Free Member

Stu is on his a lot from what my friends say..

daveells
    Free Member

got mine Phil, 😀 dunno what all the fuss is about though 😉

Stoner
    Free Member

I threw my leg over stus at MM (he was subdued at the time)

Quite an astonishing ride. indescribably smoothed out the terrain without any feeling of suspension and rebound. Very weird, but very pleasing.

… and I really wish I hadnt tried it 🙁

sheldona
    Free Member

Stu’s a bit tied up this week but he does ride it alot. Its the ugliest thing about IMO but it does ride kinda nice. I wouldn’t want one though.

phildowling
    Free Member

sheldona – Member
    Stu’s a bit tied up this week but he does ride it alot. Its the ugliest thing about IMO but it does ride kinda nice. I wouldn’t want one though.

Good god it must be bad after the Spork incident…. 😉 😆

phildowling
    Free Member

Only bike now Dave?

bonesetter
    Free Member

fozzybear – Member

Stu is on his a lot from what my friends say..

Good to see you around James 😀

sheldona
    Free Member

🙂

fozzybear
    Free Member

i’m always around.. to busy fixing bloody cars/internet/websites/PC’s.. one day i’ll get a day off..

still in office now @ near 6PM was here @ 9am and left home @ 7:45am for my 38mile drive to work….

fozzybear
    Free Member

FYI that’s PAID work bonesetter, where people PAY ME to fix stuff… 😉 😛

bonesetter
    Free Member

OIC 😳

Problem is you don’t drink, or have any other vice I know too (except for some piercings in dodgy places), so it’s difficult to bung ya

Napalm
    Free Member

I’ve got the Jones frame for suspension forks (only a handful made) & it rides like a dream. Not as quick to accelerate as my Trek 69er but otherwise superior. Very smooth and easy to maintain.
    It looks great (IMO) and that makes me want to ride it more. The Ti does need to be cleaned as soon as you get back from a sheep sh1t ridden ride.

I swung my leg over Russel Burtons Spaceframe at MM last year and it’s like having a pack of dogs pulling you; it just wants to ride F.A.S.T.
    I didn’t have the readdies for the full-on Spaceframe and got lucky with a second hand frame. Dean’s looks good too even with the Pugsley front tyre.

daveells
    Free Member

nope Phil got niner jet nine ,litespeed obed and still got the 69er . 😆

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Best bike I’ve ever owned, ridden (not ridden a big range though)

I’m thinking of selling my BFe to fund a 2nd one next year, as to use one as a thin wheeled SS and the other as it is at the moment for the summer a geared frame with a choice of fat or thin front wheel using the fat fork option.

Don’t just order one you do need to ask on here to meet up with someone and have a go on their’s if they will let you.

Where do you live?

phildowling
    Free Member

I’m in South Wales but travel to the Cotswolds reasonably reguarly and Milton Kenes with work sometimes.

Dave glad you’ve still got the 69er..found photo’s on my computer the other day :cry:. Like my new one but thats just special 🙂

martinh
    Free Member

Yes, it is the best bike I have ever owned/ridden. I am no where near capable of pushing it to its limit.

nickc

Saw Deans Last weekend, it really is a lovely looking thing, he does ride it well, too.

sc-xc

Stu told us he was thinking about selling his. Mind you, he was wearing a little hat at the time.

proteus
    Free Member

um, do you think anyone will say they’re not much good* after dropping that amount of cash on one? 😉

* although i’m sure they’re very nice.

daveells
    Free Member

They are nice bikes to ride,but I have had much more fun on my old Soul ,totally different ride ,but has anybody on here found the ultimate bike.don’t think it is worth selling all your bikes . Phil,stick some j-bars on the lynskey,i’ve put some on the 69er and it changed the ride completely.

Atomizer

Have to say yes!

I’ve got the spaceframe for 26″ wheels but added the truss fork to make it a 69er.

Always enjoy riding it, whether on the South Downs, Yorkshire Dales, Wales… Copes with everything ithout complaint.

phildowling
    Free Member

J-bars on a 69er…sounds wrong to me! Bought these for the lynskey

and they are just wrong!

Anyway as your back Stu any feedback on yours?

singlespeedstu

Only just seen this thread as I’ve been away on holiday.

Phil. Have you ever ridden one?

I’m in South Wales quite a bit with work so you can have a spin round on mine if you want.

Out of all my bikes it’s the one that gets the most use by a very long way.

Everyone that’s had a go on it seems to like the way it rides.

The best way to find out is have a go on it though.

phildowling
    Free Member

cool thanks Stu, thought id bump as you’d been on your travels 🙂

my email is phil.dowling@orange.net drop me a line when your over next and go from there. I’m at Bontrager as well if your heading down?

singlespeedstu

Is the shop any where near Barry?

If so I’m down there once a week.

Clink

Anyone ridden the steel version?

phildowling
    Free Member

Barry?? Good god no there’d be no stock left…. 😉

Its just outside Talbot Green M4 J34. Could meet you somewhere after work if you like? maybe Cwmcarn one night if you fancy it.
    Also i’m 5’8 with a 31″ leg (short i’ve been told..) will i fit?

singlespeedstu

About the same size as one of my mates that borrowed it then.

Fitted him fine with the seat down a bit.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Jones owners..best bike you’ve owned??’ is closed to new replies.