Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Jones owners: Truss fork comparison
  • fontmoss
    Free Member

Been riding with a carbon niner and loop bars and loving both. I’m hoping to get a pedal on a jones (or 2!) soon and I’m pretty sure there’s a jones in my future. I just wondered if anyone had ridden a niner and also a truss for any length of time? The niner has been surprisingly forgiving, don’t feel beat up and tracks really well (which you’d expect) and I’m sure some of it is probably down to the bars but interested to hear what the truss is like? Ta muchly

fontmoss
    Free Member

Bump

tonto
    Free Member

truss fork owners cant type due to arthritic hands 🙂

jameso

Truss forks are STIFF. Not overly jarring so there must be a little give in them, but if you expect much vertical or fore-aft flex you’ll be disappointed. Both Ti and steel trusses both feel reassuringly solid to me. Under hard braking they’re amazing and you can ride out of some shocking line choices with a fork + front wheel that stiff. Doesn’t feel less comfy than other conventional front ends I’ve ridden tho – probably the bars, bigger tyre and riding position that does that.

Niners are said to be pretty stiff front to back too? DrJon has both forks with loops, may be worth a mail via his blog.

edit ^ tonto 🙂

pop-larkin
    Free Member

I’ve had both and am currently riding the truss having sold the niners
    Tbh the truss is part of a package so not easy to analyse but overall glad I swapped and the truss allows bigger rubber to give some cush- heavier tho’

clump
    Free Member

What Pop said.

Jones is a package- rides differently to “normal” bikes, needs to be ridden as a whole.
    Niner carbon fork on my Singluar and/or AIR scandium very direct and occasionally jarring but never hugely uncomfortable.
    Both ridden with Ti loops, Jones Ti.

Both a great ride, but vastly different.

singlespeedstu

tonto – Member

truss fork owners cant type due to arthritic hands

The truss fork is massivley stiff.
    But due to the more rear weight biased position of the frame it doesn’t cause a problem over bumpy stuff.
    Where it does shine through is when it comes to slow speed techy riding.
    I’ve yet to find any other fork that allows such precise steering on steep tight terrain.

fontmoss
    Free Member

Cheers guys I’ll fire Jon an email, I’ve already hassled him a lot 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Jones owners: Truss fork comparison’ is closed to new replies.