Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Joining InjuredTrackWorld…
  • crazy-legs

Rode out to Derwent Res today to see the Dambusters flypast. Met richpips in Hayfield, we rode up over Mount Famine and, descending Roych Clough, the front wheel hooked into a rut and highsided me, I landed right on the edge of my shoulder.

Picked myself up, walked down to the bottom where Rich was waiting. Pushed/rode up to Rushup Edge and stuck to the road after that riding down Winnats, through Hope, Thornhill and up the off-road trail up the right hand side of Ladybower. Watched the flypast from the Whinstone Lee Tor track, rode back down it then Rich headed off to pick his kids up from school and I rode to Edale for lunch at the cafe. Got the train home from there as everything was quite hurty by then.

Took myself off to the nice folk at Stepping Hill and they gave me an x-ray showing the neat inch of collarbone right at the end that’s not attached to the rest of it.

Lessons learnt: don’t ride 25 miles with a broken collar bone. 🙁
    Still, got the Giro, Tour of California and Tour Series to keep me entertained. Dr reckoned 6 weeks off – there must be people who can give me more positive tales of recovery than that?

matt_outandabout

OUCH! Heal quick.

cinnamon_girl

Welcome to the club and obviously sorry that you’re injured. 🙁 I finished a ride with a broken collar bone, no choice as I had to get back to the car.

Actually, on a sensible note, I really regret not getting it looked at further down the line. Ended up with a lop-sided body without full movement that just happened to be the same side as the shoulder separation many years later.

Seriously, do keep an eye on it otherwise it may come back to haunt you! Healing vibes sent. 🙂

How was the fly past?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Just think of all those “proper” cx bikes you can look at 😛

paladin

I’ve been off the bike with a broken collar bone for 11 weeks, doc has banned me from contact sport for a further 3 months.

The way I see it, biking is only a contact sport if you fall off, so I won’t be doing that 😆

steveh

There’s another thread on this at the moment but despite the distance I cannot reccomend a trip to see the guys at physioclinic.net in ipswich. I broke mine in to 4 bits, saw them 1 week after. No sling after that, more movement and less pain. 2 further weeks riding on the road. 2 more after that a week in scotland mtbing flat out without any problems.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Hmm – they voodooists?

white101

Good look in the recovery process, almost 15 weeks into a broken ankle. Finally gave up the crutches today and went to watch cycling!

Try not to spend to much online and avoid daytime tv.

cinnamon_girl

I’ve been off the bike with a broken collar bone for 11 weeks, doc has banned me from contact sport for a further 3 months.

😯 Blimey, that must be incredibly frustrating for you. Have you had surgery?

nuke

Welcome to the club…6 weeks off now with a shattered wrist. Should be doing the TP guided trip next week 😥

… still level 82 of Candy Crush so silver lining there 😉

TiRed

Only two types of cyclist; those who have broken their collarbone and those who have yet to. Welcome to the former.

A square-on landing onto the shoulder. That did it for mine too.

steveh

glupton1976 – Member
    Hmm – they voodooists?

Yeah a bit – magnets, lasers and other stuff that sounded to me like it would never work but really did!

Drac

Been about 15 years since I did mine possibly more but I did 5 weeks then went back to work and started riding the bike, the Dr recommended 6 but I was bored after 3 so went to see them. They told me if I felt happy to I could go back which is what I did.

Never seen a physio not even one with pew pew lasers, spoke to a Physio friend though who gave me exercises. Dr and the Physio friend told me to only wear a sling when it was too painful to move or hold it in position myself but as I say that was 15 years ago so advice may have changed.

crazy-legs

Yeah, the Dr gave me a sling yesterday but to be honest it was more painful in it than me just supporting it. Useful to wear when needing a seat on a crowded bus or train though.

😉

paladin

cinnamon_girl – Member

Blimey, that must be incredibly frustrating for you. Have you had surgery?

Frustrating yes, surgery no….

Am back on the bike now, sticking to fairly flat stuff in the hope that I don’t fall off as the bone is still weak.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Joining InjuredTrackWorld…’ is closed to new replies.