Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Joining Campagnolo 11spd chains.
  • mrmo
    Free Member

What do i need to know. Do i need to speed £100 on the chain tool or is there another way?

solarider
    Free Member

You need the tool to 'mushroom' the pin end once it is installed. Where are you? I have one you might be able to borrow. Alternatively, your LBS should have one and if you aren't planning on installing many chains. If you haven't already gone 11 speed, I would wait for the KMC 11 speed chain which is due out any day now.

aracer
    Free Member

Depends if you want to do it properly, or risk the chain breaking in the middle of nowhere. The obvious alternative being to find an LBS who has the tool. That or wait for Park to bring theirs out – there is apparently one on the way very shortly.

Head over to http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=3 and do a search – some people on there have homemade tools (you'll also get far better advice on roadie stuff than on here, or pretty much any other cycling forum).

mrmo
    Free Member

I was thinking about getting an Athena groupset, but came across this issue with the chain. But if KMC are going to release a chain. One less expensive thing to get.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Joining Campagnolo 11spd chains.’ is closed to new replies.