• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by lcj.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Joinery/carpentry quote – is this reasonable?
  • lcj

We are upgrading our conservatory and so the existing external quality doors from living room and kitchen will be replaced with internal glazed room dividers. Have asked a joiner to quote for:

Installing a pair of pattern 10 doors with demi panels (like this http://www.fine-doors.co.uk/images/products/oak%20shaker%20easi%20frame%20divider.jpg but entirely glazed panels)

Installing a single pattern 10 door from kitchen to conservatory where currently there is double glazed external door.

He will need to build frames and the demi panels, but the doors are off the shelf. All existing doors will be removed in advance and all surfaces plastered.

Quote is £1,040 for materials and £1,400 for labour, no VAT. The doors themselves don’t seem that expensive looking here (he is proposing to buy from XL joinery) https://www.google.co.uk/#tbm=shop&q=pattern+10+oak+internal+doors+pair but I don’t know what the cost of the materials for the frame/demi panels will be.

Guidance appreciated, please. Based in Ashtead, Surrey, if there are joiners reading this who would be interested..

dyls

So all thats required is to put up a new frame and fix the doors?

If so labour seems a bit expensive. I had a lot of woodwork done in my house. Im guessing that is at most a days job for two?

Dont know about the cost of the doors.

Ps im not a carpenter so could be wrong!!

lcj

So all thats required is to put up a new frame and fix the doors?

Essentially yes, but the panels to the sides of the French doors are being built from scratch too

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Essentially yes, but the panels to the sides of the French doors are being built from scratch too

That’s a good price then. You may find cheaper but not by much.
    (speaking as a recently retired Joiner in Surrey)

lcj

That’s very helpful, thanks 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Joinery/carpentry quote – is this reasonable?’ is closed to new replies.