• This topic has 57 replies, 41 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Johnny Depp
  • mattyfez

The rum diary is also worth a watch if you like hunter s Thompson.

PrinceJohn

Mortdeci has just turned up on Netflix suspiciously soon after release which is never a good sign.

Started watching it the other day, he was just doing an impression of a fast show character & made the film utterly unwatchable.

Not sure about his look for Black Mass…

Spin
    Free Member

Fear and Lothing has dated really badly.

Given that it is an adaptation of a book about the 60s filmed in the 90s it’s hardly surprising if it looks dated.

It’s not the best film I’ve ever seen but it is one of the best adaptations of a book.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Spin
    Free Member

Mortdeci has just turned up on Netflix suspiciously soon after release which is never a good sign.

It’s an awful film which is a shame as the books are fantastic.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Form something a bit different, here’s a film of Johnny performing with Marilyn Manson

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAxIaThn5NI[/video]

Northwind

DougD – Member

Rango

I loved Rango 😆

mattyfez

^^^Rango was quality actually.. Liked all the characters, especially the armadillo.. and the nod to fear and loathing!

slackalice
    Free Member

I find him believable in many of the roles he has done and I admire that in an actor. Useful to be good at what you do 😉

Sweeney Todd was good too

mattyfez

Personally burton/Depp/hbc films are becoming to formulaic.. Although I do rate them all as individuals .. Especially HBC, what a Milf! Mmhmmm.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Edward Scissor Hands is an excellent movie, could another actor have played the role well. Yes Id say.

I’ve not seen the otherbfilms hes rated in (except Pirates 1) amd to be honest I try and avoid anything he’s in on the basis its probably cr@p

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Just had a look on IMDB. Only 1 film in top 250 unless you count Platoon. He’s either written, directed, acted or produced 118 filmsand had 3 Oscar nominations. You, like me might think the oscars are a shambles, but IMDB ratings go off normal film fans giving an opinion.

jedi

really enjoyed black mass

mattyfez

Imdb is a tough crowd though, I’d say if you had a film in the top 250 of all time, you’ve definitely made it!

yunki
    Free Member

I’ve enjoyed all the films that I’ve seen him in..

Fear and loathing and gilbert grape being faves..
    I only saw pirates 1 which was also pretty cool..

Didn’t think much of Edward scissorhands… Dire gothchick flick if ever there was one 🙂

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

A tough crowd? Jurassic Park, Forest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Terminator 2, The Pianist, Django Unchained, Braveheart, Snatch, Inglorious Basterds, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, A Beautiful Mind, Finding Nemo, Gone Girl, Shutter Island, Million Dollar Baby and Sin City are all in there, and there are at least 50 of the top 250 I haven’t seen so I can’t comment on.
    I’m not saying these are bad films, but they’re not exactly the greatest films ever, you’d think someone would be able to find a film they can cover him in make up, give him a quirky role and then provide a decent story and tell it properly by now?

jimjam
    Free Member

IMDB top 250 is voted for by the members. Many of them are semi literate at best. Try reading some of the users generated reviews, or the forum threads. Actually don’t, but if you’ve read Youtube comments then you have some idea.

CountZero

Black Mass just got pretty mixed reviews at best on Kermode on 5 Live.

Yeah, well, that’s Kermode. Pretty opinionated, and I’m not entirely sure I’ll take his opinion on trust.

Klunk
    Free Member
Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Johnny Depp’ is closed to new replies.