Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • john wick chapter 2 – bag of arse redux
  • bobgarrod
    Free Member

I don#t know what disapoints me more – the film or the fact that i watched it after seeing the first one. Note to hollywood – if your hero is an emotionless sociopath who likes shooting people in the head ( reeves is a great fit as a piece of timber) – then i personally don’t care if the hero lives or dies.- about time hollywood watched some korean action films where you invest something emotionally with the hero – note War of the arrows or the man from nowhere blows this pile of caca into the weeds. in fact you can look closer to home at Shoot em up which is a much more enjoyable film and has moments of humour. John wick – joyless, incomprehensible plot – shot in murkovision.

devash
    Free Member

Train to Busan was another recent and decent Korean action film.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Trainspotting 2 – bag of shite

Purely made as some sort of nostalgia trip for the same idiots who go to Stone Roses concerts and wear Fred Perry

Edit – and money of course, i could literally feel the fivers fall out of my pocket watching that bucket of vomit

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PiknMix
    Free Member

John Wick chapter 2 was another great film IMO, not quite as brilliant as the first but a bloody good effort.
    I do hope they keep it as the intended trilogy though and wrap it up with the final one.

mattyfez

The first John wick was really good.

It was always going to be a tough act to follow, however I do think they went a bit ‘Hollywood’ with the sequel, continous fast paced action and less story. It was entertaining I suppose, but I’d have appreciated it more if they’d have developed the characters a bit more and gone into a bit more depth about the high table, and the assassins ‘guild’ or whatever it is and made it a bit more political and story driven.

It felt at times it was just sequence after sequence of loads of people getting gunned down in a stylish manner.

The concept has real potential that was left a bit untapped, I thought.

jimjam
    Free Member

mattyfez – Member

The first John wick was really good.

It was entertaining I suppose, but I’d have appreciated it more if they’d have developed the characters a bit more and gone into a bit more depth about the high table, and the assassins ‘guild’ or whatever it is and made it a bit more political and story driven.

The John Wick character is just an avatar. That’s why in the first film he loses his wife, his dog and his car in the first 20ish minutes and it’s essentially just action from there on in. They used the dead dog so as to make the plot device obvious to the audience, but stopping just shy of “nudge nudge, wink wink” 4th wall territory.

IIRC most people who hated the film were really critical of the lack of plot and character development, and most people who enjoyed it were glad that it was dealt with in such an efficient manner as opposed to some kind of failed contrivance.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I like the doggo.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

agree with train to busan – best zombie flick i have seen. Edge of the seat stuff.

johnhe

I enjoyed the first one.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

The John Wick character is just an avatar

tht’s pretty disturbing – a film for people who like to shoot people in the head.

Trilogy – good god – another pile of dreck on it’s way. perhaps this time the plot will be easier to understand and they’ll employ a decent lighting technician. I had to refer to wikipedia after watching the film to understand who the mute woman character was.
    Perhaps hollywood will make an enjoyable action film that doesn’t depend on guns – one can hope but doesn’t seem likely.

mattyfez

I had to refer to wikipedia after watching the film to understand who the mute woman character was.

I just thought she was the Italian guys chief henchman, unless I missed something?

Wookster

Didn’t enjoy the first one really felt it was a bit flat, didn’t realise the second was out, ill prob watch it one night on the telly when the Mrs is on nights kids asleep and I’m out of other things to watch!!

jimjam
    Free Member

bobgarrod

The John Wick character is just an avatar

tht’s pretty disturbing – a film for people who like to shoot people in the head.[/quote]

Well, I meant that since he’s not a fully realised character, or not an overly complex character, he doesn’t distract from the action. I didn’t mean that people would literally feel like they were vicariously killing other people through John Wick.

sheeps

No emotion, little dialogue… Perfect role for Keanu

bobgarrod
    Free Member

No emotion, little dialogue… Perfect role for Keanu

– true – i have seen toasters with more emotional range. His stock persona – dumfounded – at the checkout at the supermarket when you realise that you have left your wallet in the car but have a trolley full of shopping.

POSTED 3 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘john wick chapter 2 – bag of arse redux’ is closed to new replies.