Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • John Terry Verdict
  • xcgb
    Free Member

Not Guilty it seems

thehustler
    Free Member

still guilty of being a complete K^@$$£^ though…..

totalshell

the narrative seems to suggest its okay to use abusive racist language if you have enough people (9) prepared to say your not racist..

i hope this sets a clear process going forward.. its not about whether you offend its about if you mean it..

binners

I’m not a racist, but…..

xcgb
    Free Member

Lack of evidence apparently! Shame there weren’t any TV cameras or witnesses around eh…….. 😕

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Context and intention.

tails
    Free Member

Does calling someone a n****r once make you a die hard racist?? Has he said this on a number of occasions?

He comes across as a bit of a nob at times but no more so than many a forum member.

ransos
    Free Member

On balance, I think he’s guilty, but it seems this wasn’t proven beyond reasonable doubt…

damo2576
    Free Member

You can tell from looking at him that he is a racist!

16stonepig
    Free Member

Personally I’m glad. He might be a complete *&*% £*$&$*&&38@~#4£%55!!! but I think it sets a horrible precedent if you sentence someone for the thoughts in their head and the words that come out of their mouth.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Yet another tosser footballer doing the usual tosser things.

When will the people who watch and pay for football wake up, or are they all tossers too?

binners

Don’t judge all footy fans by the standards of Chelsea, please?

IHN

its not about whether you offend its about if you mean it..

Now, I’m no Terry apologist, but isn’t that how it should be?

xcgb
    Free Member

Steve dont sit on the fence, say what you think! 🙂

Kryton57

ok who’s black on here? I know John Terry is an idiot, but bear in mind the strength of the words he used in meaning. Its VERY offensive to a black person and goes very, very deep and way back historically. Its highly offensive, and totally unacceptable for a caucasian/white person to refer to a black person in that way, provoked or not.

IMO he should be punished for the poor standards he’s set to the rest of the footbal kids of whom some see him as a role model.

I can guarantee you if 16stonepig were black he’d change his view pdq.

IHN

ok who’s black on here?

Are you? Just to put your answer in context, like.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Don’t judge all footy fans by the standards of Chelsea, please?

& Ill thank you not to judge a clubs fans by the action of one man.. 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m black

mcboo
    Free Member

ok who’s black on here?

mmmmm. Doesnt look like anyone is black. I’m Scottish though, will that do for a bit of brain-dead, sanctimonious tokenism?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“When will the people who watch and pay for football wake up, or are they all tossers too?”

Footballist

Edit … or did you say it and not really mean it

cfinnimore
    Free Member

*sigh*

SiB
    Free Member

Just got back from Skiathos, kids said I was black but not sure that counts?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I have the body of a black premier league football player. I’m not offended.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Its VERY offensive to a black person

Really? know that for a fact do we? ALL black people would find it VERY offensive, like some amorphous group without their own feelings?

Interesting that Anton said that he was disappointed, rather than ‘VERY offended’

fervouredimage
    Free Member

ok who’s black on here? I know John Terry is an idiot, but bear in mind the strength of the words he used in meaning. Its VERY offensive to a black person and goes very, very deep and way back historically. Its highly offensive, and totally unacceptable for a caucasian/white person to refer to a black person in that way, provoked or not.

IMO he should be punished for the poor standards he’s set to the rest of the footbal kids of whom some see him as a role model.

I can guarantee you if 16stonepig were black he’d change his view pdq.

You’re not suggesting that you have to be black to be offended by racism are you? No, of course you’re not. That would be stupid.

binners

Is it under your patio Yeti? Please please please let it be Ashley Cole

Kryton57

IHN – Member
    ok who’s black on here?

Are you? Just to put your answer in context, like.

No, so I’m hardly qualified to speak on behalf of black people. I’m just pointing out that in this thread at least, its appears to be deemed acceptale for JT to have used the “N” word – but then its full of middle class honky’s. 😉

However, my wife is black, my son is of course mixed race, and the inlaws and extended family I’ve spent the last 14 years with are black too.

I’m pretty confident their view of Mr Terry will have nothing to do with him insulting a black player, but everything to do with his choice of words.

Kryton57

fervouredimage – Member
    You’re not suggesting that you have to be black to be offended by racism are you? No, of course you’re not. That would be stupid.

No, I’m not.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

No, so I’m hardly qualified to speak on behalf of black people.

But you did it so well earlier…

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“I have the body of a black premier league football player. I’m not offended.”

Micheal Ricketts or Aaron Lennon?

highclimber
    Free Member

at least one of the words he used were accurate. he (ferdinand)wasn’t having sex, he isn’t a female genital but he is black!

Kryton57

highclimber – Member
    at least one of the words he used were accurate. he (ferdinand)wasn’t having sex, he isn’t a female genital but he is black!

Ah, that’s OK then. 😕

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I was thinking Micah Richards… but I’m still not offended.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

middle class honky’s

I presume you think it’s acceptable to use that slur because you are white?

hora
    Free Member

So if I’m in a bar tonight, pissed and I decide to post on someones twitter page from my phone do I have a defence in the cold light of day?

Sorry this guy was sober. FIFA/FA with all their postering still haven’t come down hard (paltry club fines is one of them) for even recent offences.

binners

binners

So if he’s not guilty, does this mean we’ll have to rely on Suarez for our racist outburts this season? He can’t shoulder that burden alone, surely?

tomhoward

So, a sweepstake on how long this thread is gonna last?

I give it another hour..

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“So if I’m in a bar tonight, pissed and decide to post on someones twitter page do I have a defence in the cold light of day?”

No … but completely different

cfinnimore
    Free Member

It’s alright tomhoward. everyone that complained about the “Sweary Northern Animals” have just imploded upon seeing this thread and are marching on-masse to the Mods as we type.

Quazy Quackers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 109 total)

The topic ‘John Terry Verdict’ is closed to new replies.