Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • John Otway
  • slowjo
    Free Member

Went to see John Otway last night in a sort of "fringe" event linked to the local arts week.

That man is as mad as a box of frogs! Total fruitcake, but had me laughing all night and all for a tenner. 🙂

srrc
    Free Member

Wonderful stuff.
    Wanted to be on the "world tour" plane.

sweepy
    Free Member

still play his stuff occasionally, never managed to find another copy of 'headbuts' tho

donald
    Free Member

Is he still going?

Cor baby…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Headbutts – on youtube with Wild Willie Barret (?sp) PMSL just thinking about it
    – also playing that weird electronic instrument that you play by moving your hands and not touching it.

JB
    Free Member

The Man's a legend!!! Did he play the double ended guitar??

br
    Free Member

On as support to Paul Weller in Aylesbury on Friday 4th June

http://www.aylesburyfriars.co.uk/index1.html

sweepy
    Free Member

sweet, not heard that for an age

slowjo
    Free Member

Double guitar – yes… doing Blockbuster (The Sweet)

He did Head Butts too and the electronic gizmo, and he jumped off a ladder and went straight into a somersault.

Great stuff.

sweepy
    Free Member

I think that electronic thing is a theremin, it was invented by Dr Who in a few years time.

(Not really, Leon Theremin)

jwt
    Free Member

A mate once dragged me to a pub in Leeds to see him, then when we got there and he found it was a Fiver to get in he had a long um and ah session about paying that much, before I decided I needed a drink,and told him to pony up.Had a good night despite not knowing what I was in store for, and anyone who writes a song titled,
    'I like to shout,Yah ,Boo,Sucks and wave my willy in the air, but all my sensible intelligent friends say-Its you who's got the problem!'
    has to have some redeeming qualities!
    Echo Donald, surpised he's still going!

molgrips
    Free Member

I saw him in Clwb Ifor Bach in Cardiff. My GF of the time was into obscure comedy acts, and was quite pleased when she found out he was playing. The support act was a homeless woman who sang Gershwin.. except she actually SCREAMED it at the top of her lungs in a banshee wail. Extremely funny and yet sad at the same time.

I am somewhat surprised he's still somersaulting off ladders tho.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘John Otway’ is closed to new replies.