Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • John O' Groats, Lands End, and the Outer Hebrides
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

I got quite a lot of advice and feedback on how to approach this trip from this forum, so I figured there may be some out there who may be interested in the trip. The plan was JOGLE with the outer Hebrides thrown into the mix, blog post below detailing the first part of the journey.

https://danielgroves.net/adventures-photography/2014/11/JOGLE/

Another post or two to follow it up. Final one will include things I’d do differently next time.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Nice write up and pictures, they helped pass a slow afternoon.

Sorry, I can’t help but cringe every time I see peddles instead of pedals. Keep the posts coming though.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Nice write up and pictures, they helped pass a slow afternoon.

Glad you enjoyed it 🙂

Sorry, I can’t help but cringe every time I see peddles instead of pedals. Keep the posts coming though.

Fixed, thanks for pointing it out. It’s hard spotting mistakes when you’ve been looking at something for a long period of time.

Lest
    Free Member

Awesome!

I did a fairly standard Legog 2 years ago and only did Arran and Kintire. Must get a week or 2 in the Hebrides, looks fantastic!

nwallace
    Free Member

Tarbert… Lewis… nah…

The loch just before the start of the 20% climb up An Clisham is the boundary between Harris and Lewis… Just don’t tell the locals they are 1 island.

I’m trying to fit a return to the Islands into a 3 week LeJog so this is all rather useful to me, thanks!

danielgroves
    Free Member

I did a fairly standard Legog 2 years ago and only did Arran and Kintire. Must get a week or 2 in the Hebrides, looks fantastic!

100% recommended! That was my third time out there and I’d go back in a heartbeat.

I’m trying to fit a return to the Islands into a 3 week LeJog so this is all rather useful to me, thanks!

Glad to hear it 😀 Took us about 2.5 weeks all in, next part shouldn’t be far away but I’ve got quite a bit of writing to do yet!

danielgroves
    Free Member

It’s taken a while, but the second part is finally up for those who’re interested!

https://danielgroves.net/adventures-photography/2014/12/JOGLE-2/

danielgroves
    Free Member

And for anyone who couldn’t access it just now, I screwed up a release with a quick fix in. Back now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘John O' Groats, Lands End, and the Outer Hebrides’ is closed to new replies.