Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • John Noakes Missing in Mallorca
  • surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

He’s got Alzheimer’s apparently, hope he is ok.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33331698

Pigface
    Free Member

Not good

Cougar

Sad, hope he’s all right.

Bit of an unfortunate “more on this story” link at the bottom there, oops.

bikebouy
    Free Member

😐

geetee1972
    Free Member

Nooo! Say it’s not true. I didn’t know he had Alzheimer’s either. He was such a hero. I met him once, fairly recently as an adult, and coincidentally with my dad (who also now has dementia). It was at a book reading in Manchester (the book was on Don Whillans and was being promoted by Jim Perrin, the author). I took my dad to that event because my dad had been a father by taking my brother and I out into the hills. When I saw John Noakes I was so made up because it made that experience more special because Noakes had also inspired me to love the outdoors.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Send for Shep!

Seriously though, I remember him from Blue Peter waaaay back in the 70s.

cinnamon_girl

🙁 Safe return, such a horrible disease.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Sad indeed, I’ve been following this all day as he’s been missing since this morning.

pirahna
    Free Member

The story has been updated to say he’s been found and is in hospital.

Waderider
    Free Member

Found.

spekkie
    Free Member
    lemonysam
    Free Member

Apropos of nothing, I stayed in a lovely B&B run by simon groom last week.

slowoldman

I was amused reading the paper this morning. His wife said she was going to have a cup of tea and then go to see him. Got to get your priorities right.

mt
    Free Member

I thought he was great also. His Go with Noakes programme was really good also.
    Remember that bobsleigh accident he had, they showed on BP, remember being worried for him as a kid.
    We all get old even our heroes.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I thought he was great also.

+1 for the understatement there.
    Alzheimer’s though, I am really saddened to hear that.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

I was amused reading the paper this morning. His wife said she was going to have a cup of tea and then go to see him. Got to get your priorities right.

If it’s anything like what my Mother had to go through with my Father I can understand this. She was essentially his carer for the final couple of years. He escaped the house and disappeared once too, he didn’t even know who we were near the end, so I can appreciated what she is having to deal with, and having a cup of tea seems a simple enough pleasure to most of us, maybe it gives her the dose of reality that John unfortunately can’t give her right now. 🙁

Glad he’s been found safe.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘John Noakes Missing in Mallorca’ is closed to new replies.