Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • John Lewis Insurance – any experiences?
  • scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Well, after last night’s shed burglary, it looks like I’ll be claiming from my new JL policy tomorrow.

Has anyone had any experience of claiming from them? My mtb is not “off the shelf” so I feel I might struggle to get its full value (although I do have it on the policy for the full replacement amount luckily).

Do JL go through wheelies or somewhere similar? What are the chances of me getting the cash? Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.

mattykhz
    Free Member

Would be good to know what goes on as we switched to JL this year.

Hope it is plain sailing as you never know how good your insurance is until you claim.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I’ll update this thread with my experiences…

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Just spoke to JL. Apparently a company called DVS will contact me to see if they can organise replacements. If not they will organise a cash settlement.

Fella seemed quite helpful so far..

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

DVS Called today. They are replacing the Bianchi roadbike through wheelies on a like for like basis, and have offered me a very fair payout for the Surge, which adds up to just about what I totalled the parts to be. I admittedly did forget to spec the rotors, chain and chainring, but for the sake of a quick settlement and getting riding again as soon as possible, I’ll just sort them out myself.

If the cheque arrives quickly, it has been a pretty painless experience (apart from having the bloody things nicked in the first place though).

Now I just have to bike shop 😀 and make my garden like fort knox. 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘John Lewis Insurance – any experiences?’ is closed to new replies.