Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • John Lewis customer service
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

4.5 year old dishwasher packed up a few weeks ago. Not cleaning the dishes and tripping the RCB. Still under the 5yr extended warranty that was an extra £80. Repairman came and fitted some new parts and it seemed ok, but packed up again on Friday, tripping the RCB again. Email sent on Friday questioning the safety of this machine, prompted by the recent thread on here, and a brand new one is on its way. Can’t grumble at that.

dooosuk
    Free Member

The screen went in our Samsung LCD after 4yrs 11mths. They had it repaired without question.

Always had great service from them.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I got my espresso machine from them. When it died the man was deeply apologetic, new one with me next day, and a refund, because in the intervening time it had dropped in price… no really.

My preferred company for many things now.

iainc

3.5 yr old kitchen TV packed in a few months ago – called them, took it in, walked out 10 mins later with a new Smart Samsung one to same value as original receipt – great service

doris5000

Bought a couple of kitchen utensils in JL. Saw them in wilko’s the next month for literally half the price.

Went to look at washing machines. Found a nice one for £300. Went to order it the next day, it had gone up to £385 overnight. Phoned up to see if they’d honour the price it had been a few hours before, they told me to go whistle.

Those are basically the only 2 times i have ever been into a JL branch. Had to conclude it’s not for the likes of me…. 😕

T1000
    Free Member

I had some very tardy sales service from them before Christmas.

ordered an item with delivery due before Christmas they’d had my money for several weeks then suddenly had an email saying I’d cancelled the order ( which I hadn’t) they then said the cancelation was down to a stock issue on their side…
    I even get an apology from them, they guy I spoke to was damn well rude

I ended up buying a higher spec product directly from the same manufacturer, I’d probably bought the product from JL if they’d been either apologetic or helpful.

matt_outandabout

A Sony laptop within a couple of weeks of end of warranty had HD failure. As i had registered as a business user, they lent me a new laptop for the duration of the repair – about 10 days from memory.

Pieface

Generally good but took a PURE DAB radio back within a year and the guy at the Helpdesk said it had to be sent off for repair. When I pushed him for a replacement he stood his ground and said that then they’d simply be a re-seller. I again pushed him on the fact that my contract was with JL and that they should replace the part and deal with PURE themselves, again he didn’t budge.

A call to customer services got the issue quickly resolved and apparently he was new, but I think that a fundamental misunderstanding of SOGA and also JLs own policy highlights poor training on their behalf.

bruk

Had good and bad in same purchase. Ordered a new mattress and was told it would be 4-6 weeks delivery. 5 weeks roll by and I ring up as not had any further info to be told ‘oh it’s actually 6-8 weeks’

Slightly miffed I ring back 4 weeks later having kind of forgotten about it. Chap initially says ‘oh it’s 8-10 weeks) so I point out that it is 9 weeks and that the previous information contradicted what he was telling me. Apologised and raised a complaint. Branch rang and apologised that couldn’t fix problem that day as was Sunday afternoon but then got a call 1st thing on Monday giving a delivery date and provisionally booked for late delivery between 6-8pm as they thought that would be best.

I think it arrived in the warehouse and they forgot about it personally before the complaint made someone look for it.

So good that resolved it quickly and made effort to try and make up for error

Bad that had to complain to get that.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’ve never had anything but good experiences from them and that pretty much goes for my family too. I think they’re ace and are my first port of call for house stuff these days.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘John Lewis customer service’ is closed to new replies.