Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • john lewis 5year tv guarantee?? any experiences
  • georgecats_0
    Free Member

im looking at buying a new tv from jl-because of the guarantee,but have been told that if the tv breaks down-im responsible for returning it and then collecting when repaired-anyone had to use the guarantee-??

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t RTB.

druidh
    Free Member

Seems reasonable.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I had a TV fail after 4.9999 years. Or close enough.

Service was impeccable. Utterly brilliant.

philbert31
    Free Member

A mate of mine bought a Leowe tv from them, not long before the warranty run out the tube went in it, they took it back for repair, once tested they were told that they could get the part but alternatively for a couple of hundred quid they could replace it with a brand new plasma! Needless to say he ripped their arm off!

In my experience John Lewis are a great shop all round plus they will always price match,

Hohum
    Free Member

My experience of their warranty is a bit out of date (my television broke down in Dec 2000), but back then they arranged for a local(ish) repairman to come out and pick it up and return it when fixed.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

They picked my dads Sony up and returned it a week or so later. This was only a few months ago. Service was fantastic.

golfcurry
    Free Member

haven’t used the guarantee on my tv yet but i bought a fridge freezer from them, had 10 days left on the 5 year guarantee and had a brand new same spec replacement within 2 weeks.

-m-
    Free Member

I had a very problematic Samsung LCD TV from JL. It was repaired 3 times over a period of a couple of years – each time they would arrange for a local repair guy to come out, have a look at it, then take it away for repair. The fourth time it broke I rang JL again and said that I wasn’t very happy, so they replaced the TV with a brand new one of similar value.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I’d only buy a TV with a 5 year warranty now.
    We get ours from Costco who gave me my money back when our 4.8 year old Samsung plasma blew its power supply a couple of months ago – the thing is that when we bought the TV Costco where only doing 3 year warranties so it was nearly two years out of date. They knew about the warranty but still decided to refund me!
    Needless to say I took the money and immediately spent it on a bigger and better TV from them 😀
    Customer service from companies such as Costco and JL is awesome and is the reason I’ll try and buy from them if possible.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Just had our Samsung repaired after 4.8years.

We called John Lewis, they took some details and then got the local repair shop to phone us back.
    Repair man then came, had a quick look and collected the TV from our house, fitted a new LCD screen and returned it back to our house.

Excellent service and saved us a few quid.

This was 2mths ago.

mav12
    Free Member

Bought tv from jl for £1200 broke after 11 months picked up repaire d returned in a week unrepairable fault 4 years later offered a new tv like for like which was a £400 samsung or could add money for a better tv or£400 refund

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘john lewis 5year tv guarantee?? any experiences’ is closed to new replies.