Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • John hartley john666 stil no reply
  • mtbjonboy
    Free Member

Hi all,

Hoping someone can give me this guys number as still no reply via facebook or email.

Bought a bike bag and chain ring from him about 4 months ago and never received it.

Cheers

bigyinn
    Free Member

You’re patient!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oh and well done on finding the main forums!

bruneep

My thoughts ^^

Gary_M
    Free Member
    Cougar

Doesn’t look like he’s logged on in four months. I’d have thought you should be able to contest it with Paypal and get your money back, you won’t have sent Paypal Gift after all, would you?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

you’ll have a devil of a job getting hold of him.

fasthaggis

bad monkey

thegreatape
    Free Member

If his middle initial is R then I imagine that he’d be long dead by now.

muddodger
    Free Member

Balls… beaten by a minute!
    Although I was going to mention a book on fly fishing….

perchypanther
    Free Member

Clearly a bit of a fly man. 😉

thegreatape
    Free Member

🙂

mtbjonboy
    Free Member

Thought I posted in this section before?
    Thanks for the advice Couger,
    Paypal wont give the option on the website for a refund but It was 4 months ago so that’s probably why. Shall try & get in touch with them again.

He did reply once but just said it was sent and that he did not have a delivery receipt/ tracking,
    I was away with work for 2 weeks as it did not arrive before I left but did not receive a missed delivery note. Asked for at least a half refund would have been fair

Hassle eh!
    If anyone has his number that’d be great
    Cheers all!

bigyinn
    Free Member

I do wish you lot would stop fishing!

perchypanther
    Free Member

I do wish you lot would stop fishing!

…as long as they keep taking the bait i’ll continue to wade in there.

chestrockwell

If it’s the same jonnyboy666 from retrobike he’s recently moved back to NZ and has patchy interweb. If it is him then I’m sure he’ll sort you out as he is a long standing, reliable and respected member on RB.

See here:
    http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=337000

scaredypants

Hartley, you say ? Nope, never heard of him but I’ll have a ring round

YoKaiser
    Free Member
    bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

You can still claim from PayPal… You guys on here are super patient… On Facebook bike pages they leave it 5-6 days before a public slaughter and claims going in… Ring PayPal don’t eamil em and say yiuve had fraudulent activity and you want your money back…. Tbh never pay gifted… Ever…. Anyone asking for gifted or a BT … Alarm bells… Just don’t do it but you still can claim gifted payments back .. I’ve done it twice now

bruneep

Paid gift to many on here, never had a problem just do your research on the seller. regular forum user (not a classified only user) never had a problem.

loddrik
    Free Member

Used ppg and BT stacks of times on here without issue. But only to other ‘regulars’ with a fair amount of forum history.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Not my business but never understood why STW allow people to just use the classifieds for business and nothing else

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

May just be me or most people on here don’t mind loosing a few hundred quid. I use a national game page for old consoles and games have a trusted sellers pinned post and all must provide proof of address and how many sales completed must send tracking info with a pic and each other must notify when item arrived etc.

I used this page a lot spending a few thousand over the course of a few years gained a good rep and again found some brilliant sellers even met some face to face. The one time I put a friend onto one of the trusted traders on there he shafted him along with 13 other people on other pages for a new 1tb ps4 and 3 games…. Everyone laid gifted at 300 a pop Inc my pal that I set the deal up… So he made nearly 4 k off page users…so for me goods the only way from now on and this chap had over 970 sales and trades under his belt was admin of a few pages and highly a respected collector. Anyone can turn sour at any point.. He owed money to the wrong lads for gambling and drugs debts.. Hed moved house took payments and binned his fb acc off and closed his bank account so PayPal can’t take the money back and thought he’d got away with it.

Funny when I drove 190 miles and knocked on his door of his new house asking politely for my pals money back and “compensation” for our journey. He’s probably spending Xmas at hm pleasure as everyone contacted authorities about him.

So if you blame me for being cautious of everyone then so be it but this is a faceless page. Only a eamil to go off… And even the most respected people can be pushed into doing things they dont normally do.

mtbjonboy
    Free Member

ha good story bigphilblackpool, i guess you got your money back!? 😉

I have now received a second reply (the power of the forums!)
    and he’s not giving anything back.
    I still unimpressed but believe he’s not a deliberate scammer, just crap at replying and keeping receipts but probably did send it.. (it’s a used bike bag and used chain ring for £40 after all, not a ps4)

Cheers for the advice all but will let it go. who knows where the damn box is!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Thats a bit shit that he’s not giving anything back, even if it was several months ago.
    Personally I think you waited FAR TOO LONG to do anything about it though.

mtbjonboy
    Free Member

yep agreed, was away with work unfortunately and then assumed I’d get a reply…

dooosuk
    Free Member

If it’s lost, you should be getting your money back and him claiming from Royal Mail or whoever the sent it with.

bigyinn
    Free Member

IIRC you have a relatively small window of oppertunity with RM to dispute a delivery.

Garry_Lager

bigphilblackpool – Member

Funny when I drove 190 miles and knocked on his door of his new house asking politely for my pals money back and “compensation” for our journey. He’s probably spending Xmas at hm pleasure as everyone contacted authorities about him.The going round to sort them out approach is bold, but I always wonder what happens if your thief is a skinny weedy bloke, or a young woman, say, who doesn’t want to pay you. What’s your move – cart off their ipad and telly, bailiff style?

At least if it’s someone big and hard you can fill them in with a good conscience.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Tbh never pay gifted… Ever…. Anyone asking for gifted or a BT … Alarm bells… Just don’t do it but you still can claim gifted payments back

I think I’ve been paid by non-gift PP once in all my years on here. And I returned it asking for either the fees or as a gift.

I do still owe HtS a BMX after several month of waiting, clearly I’m dodgy 🙂

nigew
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice all but will let it go. who knows where the damn box is!

Do you know who the carrier was supposed to be?
    RM and PF will keep parcels for 4 weeks before returning to the sender.

Harry_the_Spider

I do still owe HtS a BMX after several month of waiting, clearly I’m dodgy

I know where you live.

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

May get a lot of hate here but used to dabble in collections of goods and money owed for the door firm I used to work for totally legal and above board mind. so had a number to call to find the chaps new address and find him.

If it was a woman or weedy bloke (which he wasn’t) there’s the legal route via claims or contact the old bill and take them to court.

I felt terrible as id put my pal onto him and arranged the sale so I had to help out.

When you get scammed a few times it makes you cautious. Yes there’s some top people on this page but again your personal circumstances can change in a heartbeat and makes you do daft things.

I always pay goods so both parties covered and its worth the extra few quid to for the protection there’s some lads who started selling small items and then were selling a whole retro collection gifted… They build up a good rep purely to scam.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘John hartley john666 stil no reply’ is closed to new replies.