Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Johan Cruyff dead
  • loddrik
    Free Member

only 68… 🙁

Cougar

Who?

ElShalimo

Cougar – he was an incredibly gifted Dutch footballer, probably the finest of his generation (sadly a bit of an arrogant cock though)

allthepies
    Free Member

Johan Cruyff

dragon
    Free Member

Not a football fan then? One of the most important people in football over the last 40 years. Shame 68 seems young 🙁

gordimhor

[video]https://youtu.be/CYtzf7YD8oY[/video]Thank you, R.I.P.

tiggs121
    Free Member

Complete player in a very good football team. Sad news.

mefty
    Free Member

He was a heavy smoker, but what a player, great on tv too – he was reknowned for his weird statements about football that shouldn’t make sense but somehow do.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

So how long before he’s turning in his grave ?

😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As somebody said who made George r Martin the grim. Reaper this year.

Sad news for a talented guy

mrblobby
    Free Member

“Gonna manage my time, just like Johan Cruyff.” – Smokin’ by SFA

Cougar said » Who?

Worth checking out Brilliant Orange.

geoffj

Cougar – Moderator
    Who?

If only there was an easy and accessible way to search for information.

RustySpanner

Cougar:

I genuinely don’t believe you’ve never heard of him.

If I’m wrong, apologies, but perhaps a different thread would be more appropriate to remind everyone that you dislike football.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Exactly Rusty, v. classy Cougar.

iamanobody
    Free Member

In the blatant rush to be the first to post this news (me me me) the OP has been a touch heavy handed in his title i think!!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

For those that don’t know

Netherlands footballing great Johan Cruyff has died of cancer aged 68, his official website has announced.

Cruyff, who made his name as a forward with Ajax and Barcelona, won the Ballon d’Or three times.

He won three consecutive European Cups with Ajax and went on to manage Barcelona to their first European Cup win in 1992.

Cruyff helped his country reach the World Cup final in 1974, where they lost to West Germany.
    The rest of us spent our days trying to do the turn

loddrik
    Free Member

In the blatant rush to be the first to post this news (me me me) the OP has been a touch heavy handed in his title i think!!

🙄

Said the lurker…

ernie67

That’s a shame – one of the best ever to play the game imo .

Strong in his belief’s too – refused to play in the 1978 world cup as he opposed the Argentinian regime at the time .

Cougar

If only there was an easy and accessible way to search for information.

If only people put some actual content in their posts when starting threads. Or, y’know, didn’t bizarrely object to discussing things in a discussion forum.

I genuinely don’t believe you’ve never heard of him.

Believe what you like, I’ve never heard of him.

If I’m wrong, apologies, but perhaps a different thread would be more appropriate to remind everyone that you dislike football.

In order for that to be a post to remind everyone that I dislike football, I first would’ve had to know he was a footballer, n’est-ce pas?

Anyway, it was an honest question and as it was answered in the third post (thanks ElShalimo) I’ll bow out now. Sorry for any offence, none was intended.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Crossed my mind too.

Cruyff was a truly great footballer.

iamanobody
    Free Member

loddrik – Member

Said the lurker…

no – said the bloke with a real life and not an internet one 🙂

mefty
    Free Member

Strong in his belief’s too – refused to play in the 1978 world cup as he opposed the Argentinian regime at the time .

In 2008, Cruyff stated to the journalist Antoni Bassas on Catalunya Ràdio that he and his family were subject to a kidnap attempt in Barcelona in 1977, a year before the tournament, and that this had caused his retirement from international football, not political reasons.

bikebouy
    Free Member

68 is a good age to go though.

I’ve very vague memories of him, but I’m not a huge Footy fan. Never knew he smoked.

Hey ho.

Seemed to live his life a full and happy one, can’t say better than that.

ernie67

Didn’t know that mefty ( obviously ) – thanks for clearing that up .
    There’s bound to be some documentary’s on Sky soon telling us the true stories etc about the man ( hopefully anyway ).

Pigface
    Free Member

He has taken a funny turn……….too soon?

chewkw
    Free Member

A very good player.

Pity he/they did not win the World Cup …

😮

scotroutes

If only people put some actual content in their posts when starting threads. Or, y’know, didn’t bizarrely object to discussing things in a discussion forum.[/quote]TBH, this happens all the time on here – usually with a musician from some obscure band. At least with cycling celebrities there’s a clue if the thread is posted on the Bike forum. Google usually does the trick if the first few replies don’t suffice.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Another sad day, what an increadibly gifted man he was.

68 is a good age to go though.

I’m 53, I don’t agree at all.

chewkw
    Free Member

Most(not all) people will die around the age +/- 1 or 2 year before or after the digit 9 in their age … observe … 😯

See how many died this year around that age … 😮

ElShalimo

Pigface – Member
    He has taken a funny turn……….too soon?

Oh Pigface, it’s far too soon; he’s only just done a step-over to the other side
    IGMC

RustySpanner

Cougar.
    No worries.

As soon as I saw the thread title I knew one of the first responses would be ‘Who’?
    It’s sad, but that’s the way of it on here.

DezB
    Free Member

Sad, remember him being a brilliant player in the 70s/80s. I’m not a massive football fan.
    If I don’t know who someone is in a ‘RIP’ thread I usually don’t bother posting. Ho hum.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Oh Pigface, it’s far too soon; he’s only just done a step-over to the other side

Too late more like …. see my post half a dozen in front of yours… I win the internet today 😛

wingnuts

I’m not a footie fan at all but remember him well. Something very special about him. Style on and off the field – Total football and a Citroen SM.

And as I’m in my 60s he was no age at all!!!!!!!

ransos
    Free Member

Believe what you like, I’ve never heard of him.

Judge Pickles once asked “who are the Beatles?”.

mefty
    Free Member

Didn’t know that mefty ( obviously ) – thanks for clearing that up .

No worries, it was quite a surprise when he came out with the real reason in 2008.

avdave2

When I was a kid he was the player everyone wanted to be.

mefty
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJoD6op8DfA[/video]

Great tribute by Ajax

badnewz
    Free Member

RIP Johan Cruyff. A very special human being.

mefty
    Free Member

I have lived in Amsterdam a couple of times and I must admit I am quite shocked at how emotional I feel about his death, I don’t think it is an exaggeration to say the Dutch have lost their favourite son.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Johan Cruyff dead’ is closed to new replies.