Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • joe blow on the way out
  • iamroughrider
    Free Member

I have a Joe Blow track pump that’s been brilliant for many years. Of late the pressure is coming back once pumped in at pumping the shaft and back towards me. Any ideas on how to fix it? Looked at the screw at the bottom and all seems well.

Thanks

Garry_Lager

I just had one die so took it apart to clean to try and revive it – they’re v simple so certainly try this.
    If you do – note that there is a small rubber ball in the barrel (horizontal tube at the pump base that screws out) that is very easy to lose. So don’t drop it on the workshop floor never to be found again…

You can in principle get spare parts from Topeak foc if anything looks like it’s failing – unfortunately their distributor is manned by chimps so getting the right part sent out is challenging (on my fourth try now).

Mine is still deceased for reasons I don’t quite understand – it’s leaking air through the hose connector at the base, hard to see why this joint is bolloxed on taking it apart the one time.

GrahamS

Mine is gubbed too – they don’t seem to be very sturdy these days:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/joe-blow-sport-ii-track-pump-knackered-after-less-than-a-year

iamroughrider
    Free Member

thanks. Mine has been great for many years so not too bad. Garry.. you may have tried this but there’s a slotted nut at the bottom. This may have come undone in your case.

Thanks all much appreciated.

bob_summers

Had the OPs problem after leaving it out in the rain. Strip,clean and a smear of Vaseline on the non return valve sorted it. Replaced the somewhat leaky pump head with a cheap one from decathlon and it’s as good as new.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘joe blow on the way out’ is closed to new replies.