Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Jockey wheels question??
  • bones76
    Free Member

Are you able to swap shimano and sram jockey wheels around? are they just standard? they look very similar and both do the same job…Just a thought

FOG

No the bolt is a different size, certainly on the sram stuff I had 3-4 years ago.

chakaping
    Free Member

And they change model to model as well. Which is a pain.

bones76
    Free Member

I have had no problem with just using the existing bolt that came with the sram jockey wheels when putting through the shimano jockey wheel and round metal inserts…I have had to leave tinkering with the bike to go to a job so not had time to see how it affects the bike when i try to ride it…

Are we sure these can’t just be swapped??!!

DanW
    Free Member

Shimano Jockey wheels are consistent as far as I am aware but it is the SRAM mechs that cause the issues. There have been all sorts of designs and fits over the past few years.

What mech do you have and what jockey wheels were you looking to use? What prompted the question?

bones76
    Free Member

What prompted the question was when i was cleaning the bike down this morning i noticed the lower jockey wheel on my main cross bike was like a throwing star and decided that i better get it changed before i race at the weekend but when i rang up my LBS they told me they had no Sram jockey wheels in stock and thats when i thought would i be able to just take the Shimano jockey wheel from another bike i have and the problem would be solved…

The rear mech on my cross bike is Sram Force and i was just hoping to use what i would call standard shimano jockey wheels in place of the jockey wheels that came with that mech….

DanW
    Free Member

I don’t have much experience with SRAM road mechs but as far as I am aware I *think* it is only SRAM X0/ XX and Dura-Ace 7900 that cause issues. The number of teeth should be the same as the original jockey wheel too.

bones76
    Free Member

Thanks DanW i will check then out tomorrow when i get chance…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Jockey wheels question??’ is closed to new replies.