• This topic has 59 replies, 45 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by grum.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Jobsworth or Profiteer? Bike Park Wales
  • tonyd5000
    Free Member

I am being charged a penalty of 40% of a refund because that’s what it says in the T&Cs, when I accidentally paid for a days uplift and a day entry into BPW – the former includes the latter it transpires.

Realizing my error, I immediately contacted BPW to ask for the error to be rectified and this is the stunning jobsworth / profiteering response:

Me: I didn’t realise that I needn’t have paid for the day pass of £5 as well as the uplift. Is it possible for you to refund the £5?

BPW: Our T’s & C’s state that there is a cancellation charge to a booking, for day passes they are as follows: Up to 8 days before the date for which you are booked:

You may transfer your booking to another day, subject to availability free of charge
    If you wish to cancel your booking you will be subject to a £5 per person cancellation fee for the uplift, £2 per person for the entrance.

Me: Thanks for responding Liz, As this was a booking error, rather than a ‘cancellation’ and I will never want a non-uplifted entry to the park, I think you could consider a full refund of the £5.

BPW – 11 days later: I’m afraid the charge will still stand, these are stated on the website, and as I need to process vast numbers of changes and refunds each day it takes up a lot of time.

Conclusion: Yes it is only £2.00, but it is £5.00 for a cancelled uplift – which still takes the same amount of time, if that is their arguement – but when I my buddy and I double booked the QECP – Enduro, this was their response couldn’t have been more different.

Jamie
    Free Member

Jobsworth or Profiteer?

Any other options?

grum
    Free Member

Your already wasted more energy on this than it was worth TBH.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Liz will be lying on a bed of money, giving out an evil, yet somehow sexy cackle, letting all those two pound coins run through her fingers….

atlaz
    Free Member

Profiteer

Really? You mess up and they’re accused of profiting from your mistake maliciously? You made a mistake, accept it and move on. I find it pretty amusing that you think your mistake somehow reflects badly on BPW rather than this thread reflecting badly on you.

MrSmith
    Free Member

TL:DR
    got as far as £5
    if you can’t afford to lose £5 they maybe take up a cheaper sport or learn to ride uphill.

HTH

nickdavies

Not worth worrying about tbh but you can’t consider it profiteering when it will cost them more than £2 to deal with your email and process the refund.

nealglover
    Free Member

Businesses pay bank charges for every transaction, they would have paid a bit to receive your £5 and they will pay a bit more to give you it back.
    They also have to pay for someone to answer your emails asking for it back, and to process sending it back to you.

(You’re paying for these things because it was your mistake)

You stuffed up, and it in the terms and conditions.

Jobsworth or Profiteer?

Neither.

iain1775
    Free Member

Disgusting, shocking, awful, scandalous behaviour
    I will never put my On One, with Superstar brake pads and Dave Hinde built wheels on my Halfords bike rack to go to ride Bike Park Wales again

Junkyard
    Free Member

MHO they are profiting from your error as 40% is excessive
    A gesture of goodwill would be good but they have made sure you wont get it

Ask them what their complaints procedure is and who regulates them ?

Then do some other stuff that will consume their time – essentially you can “cost” them more than they earn if you want to be super arsey

convert

A shame they could see to give you the whole £5 back as a gesture of good will if you reported your error straight away as you say.

My only caution:-
    1- it’s only two quid.
    2 – it’s flipping obvious on the website, you must have been half asleep!

chiefgrooveguru

Conclusion: Yes it is only £2.00, but it is £5.00 for a cancelled uplift – which still takes the same amount of time

So they should charge £5 for their admin hassle?

allthepies
    Free Member

Really ? 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

I was helping them be unhelpful 😉

Me for two quid NO

Simwit

Surely it’s not difficult to alter the software on the booking page so that it highlights that you’ve essentially booked the park fee twice and to offer you an ‘are you sure’ button?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Suck it up, £2 for the admin seems fair to me, may encourage you to read T&Cs next time.

ThePinkster

Prices: 1 day ride pass – £5 1 day ride pass with uplift – £30 more info –

This is near the top of the front page on the BPW website. How you managed to miss it I don’t know.

It’s your error – I suggest you suck it up.

maxtorque

Options:

1) Find a friend to take with you on the day, and they can use the “unused” entry fee

2) Go on a bloody rampage like in pulp fiction to revenge the injustice

3) Take a dump in the back of the uplift van to register your displeasure

4) Spend the next 50 years of your life complaining loudly on every online forum that is available to you

5) Ask BPW nicely to please consider changing the booking system, so that if a single place on the uplift is booked, and a single entry place is booked only, it asks “are you sure”

6) Make piece with Liz, then accidentally fall in love with her, marry her, and spend that extra £2 she has on the honeymoon

7) Invent some sort of time machine, go back in time and this time READ THE BLOODY INSTRUCTIONS before just randomly hitting buttons on the booking page

8 When you are at BPW, subtly steal enough of either their cutlery, or the nice logs stacked next to the fire, or one of the trail name markers. Hang these in pride of place in your a)bedroom, b) living room or c) Mancave (delete as apporpriate) to remind you how cunning you are

hmm, option, options, options…….. 😉

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Liz, earlier.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

You’ve had your monies worth in emails from Liz.

br
    Free Member

This may be helpful for the OP sometime in the future:

https://support.google.com/websearch/troubleshooter/3111061?hl=en

nickc

Pay attention when you book stuff

Bet you will from now on, eh? 😉

chewkw
    Free Member

tonyd5000 – Member
    Jobsworth or Profiteer? Bike Park Wales

Jamie – Freeloader! But we still like him

Jobsworth or Profiteer?

Any other options? [/quote]

These are called money robbing zombie maggots! 😈

thegreatape
    Free Member

Last week I bought a Special King Naan kebab from Kebabish in Kincardine. I asked the dude to leave off the donner meat because when I had one before I couldn’t finish it – the lamb shish, chicken, salad, chilli sauce and naan bread the size of an elephants ear were enough. Anyway, he did that for me, but still charged me the full £7.50. Who should I complain to? Ofkebab perhaps?

seavers
    Free Member

The South Park episode HUMANCENTiPAD springs to mind. Suck it up OP, it could be worse!

There is a strong possibility this link contains swear words.

[video]http://vimeo.com/24782590[/video]

chewkw
    Free Member

thegreatape – Member
    Who should I complain to? Ofkebab perhaps?

Ask the Turk/Cypriot/Afgan if they charge the same in their mother/father land? 😈

big_n_daft
    Free Member

It’s just crap customer service, the fact that some people think that the sun shines out of the owners rear doesn’t change it

For a.genuine error is it worth hacking off a customer?

craigxxl
    Free Member

Neither jobs worth of profiteer.

It will take them time to process the refund plus the card transaction fees. Changing the pass to a different day would be easier and no additional charges hence why they offered that for free.
    I can’t see what your problem is or why you need to highlight that fact you didn’t read the website correctly, cocked up your order and then blame the owners for not sorting out your error free of charge. If you don’t like it go elsewhere and we will wait for your next complaint that its someone else’s fault and they should pay.

nealglover
    Free Member

It’s just crap customer service, the fact that some people think that the sun shines out of the owners rear doesn’t change it

I have no idea who the owner is, or what shines out of his/her rear.

But I still don’t think it’s crap customer service.

For a.genuine error is it worth hacking off a customer?

Genuine or otherwise, the customer isn’t always right, and things cost money to put right.

My business accounts cost for this would total £1.26 (to receive a payment and do a partial refund)

Plus the time spent emailing and sorting the refund for someone else’s mistake.

£2 seems reasonable.

JoeG
    Free Member

iain1775 – Member

I will never put my On One, with Superstar brake pads and Dave Hinde built wheels on my Halfords bike rack to go to ride Bike Park Wales again

No Crank Brothers on that bike? 😉

Edit – surely the bike has Avid brakes! 😆

brakes
    Free Member

there’s something called discretionary effort that marks out those companies with better customer service.
    unfortunately it’s becoming less and less common and is not allowed in order to preserve margins – the excuses well wrapped by efficient process, accounting and faceless customer representatives.

wiggles
    Free Member

Faceless customer service? There are probably less than 10 people working at BPW…

and I have seen Liz and she does have a face.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Is it really worth getting worked up over a couple of quid? The effort give into this had cost you more than that in your time….especially fir something that is essentially user error!

singlespeedstu

I’m there next saturday so i’ll try and get an extra uplift in than i normal would.
    That’ll cost them an extra 4 quid.
    Then I’ll stick 2 quid in the air ambulance box and balance will be restored.

postierich
    Free Member

Any pics of Liz?

singlespeedstu

I’ll take a few next week and sell them to you for a couple of quid each.

Though knowing you I suspect that you’ll not be cracking your wallet open. 😉

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

May I suggest that the OP needs a bit more Daily Mail in his diet if not getting a refund for soimething that the website told hime he w… ahhh fekkit life’s too short

brakes
    Free Member

Faceless customer service? There are probably less than 10 people working at BPW…

and I have seen Liz and she does have a face.

you can’t see it though because she’s hiding behind T&Cs 🙂

iain1775
    Free Member

JoeG – Member

iain1775 – Member

No Crank Brothers on that bike?

Edit – surely the bike has Avid brakes! [/quote]

Crank brothers pedals have already broke
    Avid brakes? Don’t be silly I’m not that stupid

portlyone

Have you got a justgiving page?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Jobsworth or Profiteer? Bike Park Wales’ is closed to new replies.