Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Jobs that pay 'unexpectedly' well ?
  • Woody
    Free Member

From a previous thread I was quite surprised that a Head Librarian can earn £70K. With a few Head Teachers earning £200k+ what other jobs pay more than you would expect?

I have a mate who earns £500 a day ripping out asbestos. Nasty hard work but suits his lifestyle and he only works 2-3 days a week on average, so not all bad!

thomthumb
    Free Member

people who put out traffic cones on motor ways.

about £30k.

it’s danger money though – death rate is high. know some people who did it to pay for degrees in years out etc!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

people who put out traffic cones on motor ways.

about £30k.

That’s including nightshifts and extra shifts etc though. I worked for a Highway agency a while back and if you include the shift allowances etc then maybe you could earn that much.

Caher

People who are not in higher levels of management for oil companies – the share options are staggering.

yunki
    Free Member

I always found the perks of being a high class rentboy constantly surprising..

rob2
    Free Member

I suppose you get fed as a rent boy too, in a way 😐

Rangers at reservoirs get about 30k they just collect fees from fishermen and they get a landy!

brakes
    Free Member

I once got £200 for counting votes after the European elections, very low turnout so only took about 30 mins

Kuco

30 mins 😯

Was that with several recounts 😀

IanMmmm
    Free Member

High end IT hardware or software sales or IT programme management. Plenty of 100k plus jobs there.

higgo
    Free Member

Kicking a ball between two wooden posts with ten of your mates to help you.

khani
    Free Member

Kicking a ball between and missing two wooden posts with ten of your mates to help you.

peteroughton169
    Free Member

Climbing pylons, £50k after tax!

LycraLout
    Free Member

on remote islands where there are few kids at school, there is one teacher, who is technically the head teacher, and is paid accordingly
    papa westray – school population 4, no 2 on map

north ronaldsay – school population – 2, no 3 on map

if remote island living is your thing, it doesn’t get much better

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Jobs that pay 'unexpectedly' well ?’ is closed to new replies.