Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Job Search Advice – Where to look
  • stumpyjon

My CV’s polished and I need to move on from my current role. For the first time I’m actually in a position where I can look for a good role rather than just take the first thing that comes along to pay the mortgage. Where to look, Jobsite, Indeed, Total jobs etc., I’ve really no idea? My experience of approaching agencies in the past has been pretty mixed, they don’t seem interested unless they have an immediate role to fill and then will try to shoe horn you in regardless of fit. Senior manufacturing management, Plant Manager / Ops Director sort of level, Manchester / North West based.

I need to get the job search kick started, I’ve been prevaricating since sorting the CV out. Any strategies or suggestions welcome.

Cletus

Use Linkedin to find companies that interest you then approach them directly – worked for me in December

chakaping
    Free Member

LinkedIn has a very good job search section too now.

Cougar

I get regular “jobs you may be interested in” emails from LinkedIn. They’re really good at matching my job role, and my location, but sadly not simultaneously.

If you’re looking for agencies though, put “Manager” in your profile. Since I changed mine, I’ve had weekly cold-call emails (where they’ve guessed my email address) and any number of unsolicited connection requests from random employment agencies.

Kryton57

Use Linkedin to find companies that interest you then approach them directly – worked for me in December

+1 I’ve just being doing this for the past 20 mins… 🙂 The LinkedIn algorithms help narrow the search for you to similar positions & locations.

stumpyjon

I half put together a linked in profile a couple of weeks ago, looks like I need to Polish that up as well.

Cougar

That might not be such a good idea, with the whole anti-EU thing going on at the moment.

MrOvershoot

As of today there is a Site managers job in Liverpool I know of.
    You could be my boss 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Job Search Advice – Where to look’ is closed to new replies.