Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Job rejections
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

Is it the norm to not bother letting folk know how they've got on with an application or interview?

3 applications recently. 2 have not responded, got to 2nd interview with third and was rejected after a chasing email 3 weeks later.

They are law firms though so they are c**ts by default.

jam-bo

yeah. toughest ones are when they tell you they'll call the successfull candidate by the end of the day.

i've sat there willing the phone to ring and shouting at anyone else who dares phone me.

druidh
    Free Member

There are often so many applications for jobs that it's unrealistic to expect a response. However, my policy with interviews was always to write back and offer a feedback call so that the applicant had a good idea why they'd been rejected.

_tom_
    Free Member

Surprisingly I've had a bit of interest from a few places I've applied to, asking for my showreel and CV in hard copy 🙂 Haven't heard back from the majority though, I've got used to it!

Burls72
    Free Member

Just recently got a job after ALOT of applications. Only received a few responses and over half of those were to say they weren't accepting anymore applications due to the interest. They were all blue collar jobs though.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I applied for a job two months ago and just last week they rang me back and asked me to go in for an interview! Unfortunatly (for them) I'm of to Afghanistan in November so they can stick their interview!

Coyote
    Free Member

It's soul destroying but understandable given the number of applications they get. When I was looking, I made a point of contacting the advertiser after the date to enquire as to why I hadn't got through. Surprising how positively they responded.

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

It is normal in my experience

jonb
    Free Member

If you just got to the paper stage (CV, letter, form) then I wouldn't expect a response. If you've been to an interview then yes and I'd ask for feedback too.

Edric64
    Free Member

I have quoted for work and heard nothing .Then I phone up to find out if my prices were way out or not it gives me a clue for next time

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its the norm. Most NHS posts now specifically say they will only contact successful candidate. Especially if you are a Kant. they never phone me 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

i applied for over 100 engineering jobs over 6 months – each with fairly specific cvs and covering letters (many different fields of engineering) and got only one reply after 4 months – that one reply lead to an interview which lead to a job …..

i then got a bunch of replys from the others offering me interviews – id already accepted my job though !

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Job rejections’ is closed to new replies.