Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Job pricing advice, please.
  • project
    Free Member

To rehang 2 x 48 inch radiators back on their bkts and re fix pipes turn on boiler and wait for them to heat up,while drinking tea supplied by customer.

second job, fit a bi folding hollow door in existing opening, may require planning of door and cutting of track.

How much for each job,

£100 & £150 easy days work and £250 for the day. I have no experience of doing either job though.

Edit, are you a contractor, or doing it for a mate? If a mate, cheaper – probably went in too high on the door in any case, I just like to make sure I get a days money, even if it won’t take all day

dave_aber
    Free Member

I wouldn’t bother planning it, just do it – sounds simple enough….

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

You want guesses?

£60 for the first if the brackets were already fitted, and no new pipes run. But I’d do it myself in that case…

£100 – 150 the other – actually does require some skill and might need two blokes

Junkyard
    Free Member

rads would take a few minutes surely if the brackets are there and the pipes Even if you need to add some pipework cant be more than an hour for each and I am not even a plumber.
    Door perhaps an hour for someone skilled that would take me a couple of hours and some cursing.
    So at least £100 but I would not pay more than £50 myself so i would be doing it

project
    Free Member

Some interesting pricing there, but a bit off target , more detail latter.

BigJohn

Last time I changed somebody’s radiator the whole system developed massive airlocks. It was a bungalow with all the pipes coming down from the ceiling. Took me ages to get rid of the air, and then the customer told me that some of the rads hadn’t worked for 2 years, and the shower now got hot for the first time in months so I guess a lot of the air was pretty old.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’m guessing this is a “guess how much the cheeky feckers tried to charge” thread….

In any case, I’d like to think I wouldn’t charge much more than acouple of hours and a bit of agro factor for the rads, say, £70

Bi-folds can be a bit of a swine sometimes if the frame isn’t great, say half a day and some fixings, call it £120…..

Anywhere near?

project
    Free Member

Blazin -sadles well off the mark, but right on for tried to charge bit.

bruneep

What has drinking tea supplied by customer have to do with it? Don’t get discount for supplying beverages to trades person!

I’m guessing you never got a quote 1st either. 🙄

slimraybob
    Free Member

I’m guessing 2 men for half a day has cost you the best part of £350, probably split 160/190 or thereabouts.

soops
    Free Member

If it is just re-hanging the rads on the original fittings with no alterations £70 for the pair. I live in North Devon if you want me to come! 😉
    As for the doors should be no more than half days work, but joiners tend to charge more than plumbers!!

project
    Free Member

For anyone who is intrested, i was in a freinds house, he had just paid £150 quid to rehang the 2 radiators, and while there got a call for me to go and fit a bi fold door, i said £45 quid, the customer said she had someone else who would do it for £30 quid, he got the job probably.

brakes
    Free Member

great story

andyplasterer
    Free Member

do it your self its not hard if a fat plumber can do it so can you

totalshell

less than an hour in the rads so £45 standard charge for first hour..
    you d be surprised how many walk away from that saying its too dear, had a guy telling me 120 was too much to fix a gas leak that needed the door frame taking off to get to the corroded pipe that his mrs had put a nail through whilst hanging one of them plastic door blinds..

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Job pricing advice, please.’ is closed to new replies.