• This topic has 22 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Job offer – am I being stupid….
  • MoreCashThanDash

So, last Friday I was conditionally offered a post in another part of the civil service, which I’d applied for on the off chance it might be more secure longer term than where I am currently.

The whole thing has been handled “remotely” by the Civil Service jobs website – on line tests for teh initial sifts, then emails telling me to report to a certain building at a certain time for the assessment and the interview. No contact details for a human being at any point, all via an email mailbox.

So the job offer arrives, from said anonymous mailbox. Missing is a mysterious attachment, and there is no mention of pay, leave, hours, or even confirmation of job location.

I replied to the mailbox asking for the details so I could consider the offer – and I’ve had nothing. A reply from a human referred me to the person who had handled the vacancy, but it was all done anonymously by the CS job site. The human was unable to trace who in the agency could be the one who could tell me what the terms would be.

Me, my manager, our HR etc etc have all tried to get in touch with the other agencies HR but no one seems to know who is responsible for this job and potentially recruiting me.

I can’t see there is anything more I can do other than wait for them to follow up their original offer email. Any other ideas?

Not sure I’d want to transfer to such a badly organised shower of incompetents anyway!

Stoner
    Free Member

Not sure I’d want to transfer to such a badly organised shower of incompetents anyway!

I thought you said you already worked for the civil service?

😉

druidh
    Free Member

008?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I always wondered where my taxes go. 😀

Blackhound

Is it for a job as a spy?

nealglover
    Free Member

You have failed the final part of the selection process.

Thank you for your time, we will keep your records on file etc etc.

Rorschach
    Free Member

006.9 (cutbacks).

bikebouy
    Free Member

We’re all going to die tomorrow at11.11am so what’s the real issue here, work or death?

DickBarton

Daft question but are you applying to move from the Lib Dems to the Tories…that would explain why no-one can get any answers from anyone…

MoreCashThanDash

😆

avdave2

You need to speak to a Mr Kafka.

somafunk

……….personally i’d consider a 2.4 mountain king protection but they’re a pain in the arse to get the sidewalls sealed if you run tubeless, i hear good reports regarding the Schwalbe Hans Dampf 2.35 and they’re a bit more suitable for the rocky conditions you describe………

What?…..Civil service?……..oh…..wrong thread…. you can the above advice for free…….but what you described above pretty much sums up what most people consider the civil service to be like.

MoreCashThanDash

I used to think the HR at the agency I’m currently with were poor, but this other lot seem to have raised (lowered?) the bar somewhat

Pieface

Have you had an interview? I’d be surprised if it was genuine if not.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Fingers crossed that you’ll find two salaries in your account on January 8)

druidh
    Free Member

[quote]MoreCashThanDash – Member
    then emails telling me to report to a certain building at a certain time for the assessment and the interview.[/quote]

hora
    Free Member

Capita managed process?

MoreCashThanDash

Apparently a complete self-contained cock up by the recruiting department – apparently the role is mine if I want a 5% pay cut, lose 8 days leave and lose flexitime. Hmmm…let me think that one through….

DickBarton

So you aren’t going to take the job because you’ll have to actually work 8 days of the year? Civil service…job for life (or a tea break that lasts a lifetime!)…

psling
    Free Member

Not being funny, but…

You’ve applied for a post, you’ve been through the initial sift, you’ve been to an office where you’ve had an interview (presumably involving human interface) and been offered the post and…

During this whole process you’ve failed to establish who you’re dealing with, the salary, leave entitlement, hours or even where the job is?

Blimey, I wonder what the other candidates were like 😯

druidh
    Free Member

😆

muddy_bum
    Free Member

Sam Lowry: Excuse me, Dawson, can you put me through to Mr. Helpmann’s office?
    Dawson: I’m afraid I can’t sir. You have to go through the proper channels.
    Sam Lowry: And you can’t tell me what the proper channels are, because that’s classified information?
    Dawson: I’m glad to see the Ministry’s continuing its tradition of recruiting the brightest and best, sir.
    Sam Lowry: Thank you, Dawson.

br
    Free Member

Apparently a complete self-contained cock up by the recruiting department – apparently the role is mine if I want a 5% pay cut, lose 8 days leave and lose flexitime. Hmmm…let me think that one through….

And people wonder why I don’t want to pay tax – so the Govt can pi55 mnore of it away on bo11ocks like this…

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Job offer – am I being stupid….’ is closed to new replies.