• This topic has 28 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by edd.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Job interview in 2 hours!!
  • Joe

ARGH!!!!!!! PANIC!! ARGH!!!! PANIC!!! Post lunatic posts on bicycle forums. Panic!

bobbyspangles

good luck

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Have you seen there is something about mary….tips for relaxing

toby1

Take a deep breath and remember that they also are selling the job to you, as much as you are convincing them you want to do it 🙂

Doh1Nut

Unexpected question from last week was “In the previous five years what is the work activity that you are most proud of”

rattrap
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JBvfZTx-vs[/video]

qwerty
    Free Member

Take a large quantity of amphetamines, it’ll avoid any awkward silences.

Joe

OK i’ve taken the amphetamines…

Harry_the_Spider

Don’t forget to wear a Viking helmet. It will make you stand out amongst the other candidates.

binners

The speed will make you too jittery. Take the edge off it by downing a can of Special Brew before you go in

ononeorange

Ah, dumb HR-type questions! Ask them really searching detailed questions about the role and see if they actually know much about it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Joe, don’t waste time on here. You now have just over an hour by the looks of things. Not much time to prepare. So just check/list 5-7 key points about “why me” in relation to this job. Write them down, then read over several times until they are firmly in your mind and then you will be fluent. If your practice them now so that you are fluent, you will be able to act more naturally as you won’t be umming and erring in the interview. Then relax for 10-15m and you will be fine. Good luck! Breathe and smile.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Good luck, I had my first interview in 6 years last week and was panicking massively. It all went well, I’ve got a new job, I’m getting paid more and I’m treating myself to a new bike… Think about the positives!

Pigface
    Free Member

Some one on here said he had asked “Why should I work for you?” when asked if he had any questions. I did this a couple of weeks ago and it worked a treat.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Flies open, todger out. Sit with legs akimbo in interview.

messiah
    Free Member

“Why should I work for you?”

This.

It’s not just them interviewing you… your interviewing them to decide if you could/should work there.

Enjoy (seriously… interviews get the nerves jangling like a good doonhall… once you’ve dropped in relax and enjoy the ride).

seadog101

You should be in there right, hope it goes to plan. 😛

Joe

It’s done… 8)

camo16
    Free Member

And… they loved you, right?

Were you suave, confident and über employable? 8)

messiah
    Free Member

Time for a celebratory hand-shandy while the nerves are jangling… it’s like a risk free dangerw*&k (this is my free gift to you on this momentous day).

Joe

I’m not sure…but i want to be careful what i say…because they probably read STW.

freeagent
    Free Member

Some one on here said he had asked “Why should I work for you?” when asked if he had any questions. I did this a couple of weeks ago and it worked a treat.

LOL – that was me who suggested it! – glad it worked for you!

KonaTC

From a thread a few weeks back;

Question; What do you think is your biggest weakness?

Answer; Jaffa Cakes

I got them the job 😉

Joe

WOOHOO. I GOT THE JOB.

jock-muttley

Well… what job is it

well done

tell all

toby1

I think you owe us all a beer for our sage and expert advice then joe!

lasty
    Free Member

NICE ONE !!!!

Hope it`s better than the one i fell for a month ago.
    First interview in 16 years and i thought they were just being clever and demonstating their knowledge of the latest interview techniques – turns out they were just useless, i got the job but still looking around !!
    Hope it works out well for ya mate …. 8)

brokensoul
    Free Member

Well done, Joe.
    Congratulations.

edd

Joe – Member
    WOOHOO. I GOT THE JOB.

Congratulations.

Joe – Member
    OK i’ve taken the amphetamines…

Note to self – drugs do work.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Job interview in 2 hours!!’ is closed to new replies.