Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Job interview etiquette… Is it rude to?
  • mboy
    Free Member

Call the company back to find out what’s going on?

Had a telephone interview for a job the other day. Haven’t had much interest from anyone til recently, now got about 3 people interested and another interview on Thursday.

Anyway… The phone interview was over a week ago, they said they’d let me know “within a week” if they wanted to see me for a proper interview. Do you think it warrants a courtesy phonecall or not, just to find out what’s going on? If it was an agency, I’d have called them already, but it’s not, it’s direct with the company that will be employing so I don’t want to potentially upset anyone.

Cougar

I would, once the ‘deadline’ has passed. Shows interest and initiative.

Edric64
    Free Member

If you have left it over the week I see no problem in phoning for feedback on the interview

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    BigJohn

Nobody is going to mark you down for being eager and interested

tinribz
    Free Member

Funnily enough I’m interviewing some people Thursday, if one rings back afterwards I’m hardly gonna get in a huff for a 1 minute phone call.

mboy
    Free Member

Cool cheers guys

Will get on the phone in the morning then I suppose. Eager and interested goes some way short, as its been a good while since I was in steady employment, and I quite like the sound of this job, its a new role that has been created and my abilities should fit quite well I hope.

EDIT: Or do you think it would be better to email the person who interviewed me on the phone directly, given I have his email address?

maccruiskeen

EDIT: Or do you think it would be better to email the person who interviewed me on the phone directly, given I have his email address?

which do you think would show initiative? 🙂

Cougar

Which do you think is easiest to ignore?

Pieface

Email them a link to this thread

SamCooke
    Free Member

Was it with a recruiter or the conpany’s HR?

40mpg

I once turned down a lad for a position. He called me and asked if he could come in for feedback so he could improve. He did, and I gave him a job :o)

Make that call

geoffj

Call don’t email

nicko74

I wouldn’t – seems a bit creepy. Phone through the standard channels (probably HR team?), and if they fob you off, try to be patient. You don’t want to come over all stalker…

Junkyard
    Free Member

when they ignore your phone call e-mail them a picture of your weiner

tonyg2003

I was don’t interviews in the USA a couple of months ago. We gave the candiadates our business cards to introduce us at the start of each interview. 4/5 candidates emailed us within 10mins of the finish of the interview.

FuzzyWuzzy

I guess you have nothing to lose but if they wanted you they would have told you (unless they use the same computer system as G4S…). I’m not sure I’d be comfortable with giving a candidate feedback directly that cold called me either (although we exclusively go via agencies so not been in that position). I’d prefer to be emailed and then I’d check with HR if it was OK for me to respond…

mrchrispy

try waiting for him outside work and follow them home, then next day follow his wife to work, get the number of her company and call her asking for an update…..thats freaking initiative!

dinfog908
    Free Member

You can give a call to the company to ask some information about your interview.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

We gave the candiadates our business cards to introduce us at the start of each interview

How rude! Could you not have told them who you were instead?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Job interview etiquette… Is it rude to?’ is closed to new replies.