Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Job Help
  • s4rpf
    Free Member

Hi All,
    currently unhappy in my current job so was looking at getting a new job. I approached one of our suppliers who I have a good realationship with, as they had a role advertised a few months ago which they never filled. I also had a job offer in the mean time for another job. my first choice is for the opportunity with the supplier. spoke to the director who said yes we will have you just need to speak to the IT Manager my boss to get the all clear. My IT manager has turned around and said no you cant have him if you do he will not be allowed on site and we will be less likely to inculde you on furture projects.

Anything I can do about it.

DT78
    Free Member

Depends how much they want you and what they are willing to do about it. A colleague was in a similar position – consultant who worked onsite for a client and was offered a FT position with them. Initially the response was no, breach of contract etc.. but on threat of pulling the contract the companies came to a compromise and he took the job.

tpbiker
    Free Member

hmmm..

That sounds like restriction of trade to me…

Junkyard
    Free Member

wee and bombers

in reality I would try and get that in writing from your current boss who is unlikely to sign the suicide note

Have a conversation with them and then send an e-mail – non work address used giving your account of the meeting and hope they reply without saying what are you saying I never said x or y

What he is doing is quite probably illegal and very common and very hard to prove

spacemonkey

What does your contract state?

s4rpf
    Free Member

have no contract at the moment just out of my year contract have another one sitting ready to be signed but not willing to sign it at the moment as it has a 3 month notice period.

my only issue is whats stopping them if i do get them to agree as soon as i start with the other company they turn hostile and start pulling buisness from them. being a smaller company it would affect them alot and no one will win.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’d have thought the other company would pull the offer anyway and not take the risk, even if your current company did relent on their position?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Job Help’ is closed to new replies.