Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Job application form help …
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Mmmm, what to put as the reason you’re leaving your current job when the job you are applying for is more or less the same? The reason is becuse it’s more money and a better place to work, but how can I word that better-er?? 😕

hooli

Lack of development opportunities is a cover all

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Something along those lines maybe? The new job would have better equipment and machinery, more up to date, but a bit more pressure too and I’d probably be learning some new skills.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ve been through the office and there are only ugly ones left?

iolo
    Free Member

“It seems you, as a prospective employer appreciate hard work by paying what is considered a good salary whereas my previous employer had a lower pay structure.”

Better place to work? closer to home? nicer building, what do you mean?

ste_t
    Free Member

My boss is a nobhead and my colleagues are incompetent fools. Works everytime.

hels
    Free Member

Don’t say “lack of development” that is negative phrasing and indirectly slagging your old employer which scores negative points, and missing a chance to suck up. Say that the new organisation provides excellent development opportunities and the chance to expand your range of skills across the profession.

klumpy
    Free Member

Don’t sweat it too much, they mainly want to know you’re not being fired for gross misconduct. That said, a good answer could conceivably be a decider among closely matched applicants.

As above, describe what you think is good about the new company (if you must mention money, do it obliquely) not what is bad about the old – they want to hear you’re going to them because you’ll fit in and thrive together, not that you’re running from something else to whatever you can get that pays more.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Great, some better-er and funny replies there 😆

Better place to work – better reputation, better facilities, better more up to date equipment, better benefits, more £s

liking this

new organisation provides excellent development opportunities and the chance to expand your range of skills across the profession

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Job application form help …’ is closed to new replies.