Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Job application advice
  • PiknMix
    Free Member

My job is killing me so its time for a change, I have found the perfect opening however the application process is not what I’m used to, they don’t want a CV or cover letter.

On the application form there is a section for relevant experience and a section for a personal statement (straight forward so far)however the application states that no experience is required as full training will be given.
    In the experience bit do I list all of my previous experience that ties in with the stated essential skills in the advert and then use the personal statement to address the required aptitude/attributes?

Can I use bullet points for the experience to cut down on the use of blocks of texts?

help me STW.

tjagain

Sounds about right. Factual list of relevant experience in the bit on the form. competency based answers in the supporting statement.

Ie person spec states ” must have good knowledge of some fancy computer programme”

IN your supporting statement you write. “I have good knowledge of fancy computer programme. I used this in my job at x achieving this that and the other”.

Address each point in the person spec in this way

PiknMix
    Free Member

Thanks tj.

jamj1974

You’ve got the right idea and TJ makes a great point! Best of luck!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Thanks jamj, been at it all day. I want this to be perfect as my current job is making me ill ??

jamj1974

I’ve been there too Pik n Mix. Fingers crossed for an interview and success!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Job application advice’ is closed to new replies.