Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • JMC ..more FB likes please??
  • eshershore
    Free Member

had the pleasure of knowing JMC as I was riding on the same team for Hardisty Cycles during the early 90’s, he got signed to Specialized a year later!

he surely inspired all the XC guys on the Hardisty Team to get into DH in a big way including myself and team mate Adam Robertson

went on plenty of riding sessions with JMC and the local University Mountain Bike Club, including his crazy friend Paul Plunkett who had the raddest back garden riding set up including lots of jumps and a huge dirt “full pipe” he had made with a mechanised digger

last time I saw JMC (before his accident) he had popped into Hardisty’s where we talked about tires of all things! the news of his accident was very sad to those who knew him 🙁

super nice guy, really great down-to-earth attitude with time for everyone, truly an inspiration to everyone who ever met him, or went riding with him 🙂

went to the Specialized Concept Store in Covent Garden, London last year for a promotional event and saw one of his bikes on display, brought back some memories for sure:

slimjim78
    Free Member

THAT picture of him on the front of MBUK, leg in the air, endless wheelie. He looked so damn cool, a bit like Kurt Cobain on a bike.

Watching him represent UK on the DH runs in the US was magic. I too was totally gutted when I heard the sad news, I was just getting into bikes in a big way and it was like the biggest figure and best prospect was snatched away.

Remembered fondly by all that knew him and knew of him.

(that’s knew)

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘JMC ..more FB likes please??’ is closed to new replies.