Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • JMC ..more FB likes please??
  • timax
    Free Member

JMC Facebook page needs more likes… respect is due!

If your not a Facebooker ..you will have to be one to do it??

I just find it hard to believe he has only 60 or so likes… 🙁

That’s just wrong!!!

bensales
    Free Member

Blimey, not far off 20 years ago now. I remember working in a bike shop when the news broke. Shop just when into shock for the rest of the day.

jackthedog
    Free Member

Might we actually have got to the point where it’s a minority of people on here and out on the trails who were riding when he was around?

bensales
    Free Member

Highly likely. I was 18 at the time, and had been mountain biking since about ’88, BMX prior to that.

Old roadie now, only read this forum because it’s more interesting than the road-oriented ones.

wisepranker
    Free Member

I remember reading this in MBUK when it happened. I was really shocked at the time, JMC always came across like a good guy and a hell of a rider in all the articles and videos back then.
    I still rate Dirt as one of the best MTB videos made.

I went to one of the Specialized roadshow things during the summer and the had his old Stumpjumper on display. Brought back a lot of memories of bikes I wanted during younger days.

Lifer
    Free Member

Done and added an old photo I’ve got and haven’t seen elsewhere.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I was 14 when he died and my letter of sadness was one of those published in the next issue of MBUK. Still gutted now, what a legend. 🙁

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I remember being at the NEMBA race in Bingley the weekend he died; everyone knew everyone back then and for a lot of us there it was the first time we’d ever known someone our own age die, a very surreal day.

Its a good thing he’s still remembered as aside from his riding he was one of the nicest guys you could have met. 🙁

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

I remember the mtbpro article on him when he was training in the states and noticing the helmet tan lines. I found out about his death from a one inch column in the saturday express…I might go and hunt the net for Dirt.

Drac

Link above has been fixed.

sbob
    Free Member

Still got my copy of Dirt on VHS.
    Probably my greatest ever inspiration, bar me Grandad, of course.

Not forgotton.

trailhound
    Free Member

Click – liked! Remember his death like it was last week not nearly 20yrs ago!! As mentioned above Dirt was one of my favourite bike vids and along with chain reaction and mud cows etc is the reason there’s still a vhs under my tv! Mate of mine even has JMC’s tattoo on his neck in tribute! RIP Jase.

stevemakin

still makes me feel sad, such a nice lad, such talent

Drac

Stick to the front for awhile.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

Still remember when i heard the news, was in wh smiths in Bath reading a mag, glanced at the person next to me reading a paper with the story, grabed it out of his hands because i couldnt believe it.

totalshell

rode in the same races at nemba( novices) back in 89 i think. uk mtb legend..

crazy-legs

Still got Dirt on VHS. 🙂
    RIP JMC. 17 years ago. Wow. 🙁

timax
    Free Member

Thanks for the sticky!… and thanks for the extra likes 😀

My experience of Jason was one of coming face to face with someone that a few in my groups of friends new him, some even new him well… so it was quite serial to be sat on the grass in the sunshine, chillin at arace with someone I had only seen ride past me, chattin to people I new or in magazines …

For me it enhanced what was already his hero status in my eyes… yes I was a bit star struck? but blimey… this guy was riding for Spesh on the world circuit? He was living what was to a lot us at that time? only in our dreams!… The biggest surprise?? and I know we hear this all the time about guys like Jason … he was such a nice bloke!! I just couldn’t believe how cool he was. Great mountain biker, Great fella! RIP.

wonnyj
    Free Member

I’ll be doing a few foot out power slides as a mark of respect over the weekend 😀

robsoctane
    Free Member

He was from were I am. Washington. He lived in half a mile from me and I had the pleasure of meeting, riding and bumping into him plenty of times. Him and Justin (his brother) were both great riders.

I can remember when he first got sponsored by Sepsh… I also remember his Hardisty Cycles GT.

He gave plenty of people inspiration, even just around here, he’s still missed but never forgotten.

plodtv
    Free Member

Im getting a 404 on the link?

thehillsofsomerset
    Free Member

Link doesn’t work

ell_tell
    Free Member

Liked.

Never saw or even met him but liked as he seemed like a great personality and a very likeable and talented guy who’s life sadly ended shortly.

That and Dirt was the first ever mtb film I saw which I still have on vhs – totally inspired my firends and I to get out on our bikes and try and make our own, and might I add v poor video 8)

plodtv
    Free Member

is the url meant to be: https://www.facebook.com/JasonJamesMcRoy or is that a different one

finbar
    Free Member

Dirt is still the best MTB video ever made, i think.

timax
    Free Member

I cut and paste the link… and it worked for me?? still works now. 😕

Might be that I was logged in at the time?? But the link read as above (@plodtv) before I fettled it. 😆

Seems to have done the job though?? 430 likes and growing 😀

There was a time when it was hard to believe any mountain biker didn’t know the name of Jason McRoy!….

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Who is JMC ❓

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve tried writing a reply to that question – i struggled to explain it adequately…

he was a bit like the prototype for Steve Peat.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

“who is JMC?”

He was one of the first UK Pro’s along with Warner and Peaty

rOcKeTdOg

if he’d lived i wonder what he be doing now, still in the industry? bike designer?, enduro rider?, he was flipping good at XC too, not just DH

zap
    Free Member

I new Jason pretty well, I was part of the NEMBA committee from the beginning to the End, Such great memories. This picture I took a catterick can’t remember the year at the bomb holes. I was also at the Batley Nemba race when we found out, The races were never the same after that. I can remember so clearly Brant Richards starting the Saturday off with Lenny Kravitz, Are you gonna go my way on the PA, It still sends shivers down my spine when I hear that track.
    Such a great guy.

zap
    Free Member

It wasn’t Batley, It was Bingley.

crazy-legs

he was flipping good at XC too, not just DH

He had a try-out on the track as well for Olympic selection – he was blisteringly quick there as well in the Team Sprint.

One of the true all-rounders, back in the day before cycling dissolved into dozens of niches.

Who is JMC?

Read this.

franksinatra

Who is JMC?

The guy on the red Specialized wearing the Harley Davidson t shirt

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0DZUIWBYEE[/video]

And riding here is awesome, check out the complete lack of body armour

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX4qkAbDyyk[/video]

JMC was a real life hero. Rode like a super hero, enjoyed life, lovely girlfriend and (unfortunately) a fast Harley..

timax
    Free Member

I think my work here is done! 😀

Jason is what I call part of the UK’s Mountain bike royalty… so glad that people want to celebrate his awesomeness… and sadly remember how he was snatched away. 🙁

Thank you! 😀

oxym0r0n

Liked 😀

timax
    Free Member

Up to 660 now… fantastic!… 😀

Some great images coming out of the woodwork , brilliant! 😀

http://www.jasonmcroy.com/jmc/

pcb
    Free Member

Liked.

Cant believe it’s been so long.

I can still remember being told he died while I was at the Plymouth Grundig.

Still makes me sad

PCB

jimmy

Met the man himself at Bike ’95. Still have the signed poster. Legend.

DezB
    Free Member

Just put a section of ‘Dirt’ up on Youtube. Couldn’t see it anywhere else, so…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRKHwql30DU[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘JMC ..more FB likes please??’ is closed to new replies.