Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Jim'll Fix It – so what did you ask for and did it come true?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I asked to play football for Leeds United. I didn’t even get a reply.

AndyP
    Free Member

Were you too well behaved?

jon1973
    Free Member

Anyone care to predict the direction this thread will take?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Anyone care to predict the direction this thread will take?

I hope not – I just want a bit of fun and find out whose dreams came true…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I asked for an STW thread to descend into sexual innuendo, single entendres and overt sexism, with a bit of racism thrown in for good measure. I never got it.

jon1973
    Free Member

I never got it.

maccruiskeen

Never wrote to him, but back in the day when hotels had a TV lounge I was in a hotel in Oban with my little brother. It was Saturday afternoon and Jim’ll Fix It came on………. and Jim’ll himself came into the lounge and sat down to watch it with us.

My brother was too young to grasp how someone could be in the room and on the TV at the same time.

He was a prodigious consumer of pints of fresh orange and lemonade at the bar, which became a favorite childhood refreshment, even now, 30-odd years later if I’m designated driver I’ll ask a barman for a ‘Jimmy Saville’ and be puzzled why they don’t know what I’m talking about.

AndyP
    Free Member

Is it anything like a ‘Mark Almond’?

jon1973
    Free Member

Is it anything like a ‘Mark Almond’?

It’s more of a ‘Danny le Rue’

freddyg
    Free Member

Charliemungus it appears your wish has been granted.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I remember a MTB one where the kid got a muddy Medal.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I think i remember that one, but it might have someone being given a muddy badge

DezB
    Free Member

There was a clip form Jim’ll fix it on the news yesterday, some lad wanted to roadie for Iron Maiden (loser!).
    Anyway, I’d been explaining to my 9 year old what Jim’ll fix it was about (“If you wanted to feed penguins in the zoo, or drive a formula 1 car etc”).
    So there was the news report.. “Is that Jimmy Fixit?” he asked. Sweet.

Anyway, I never wrote, the wife says she did, but never sent them off. Probably couldn’t afford the stamp.

DezB
    Free Member

Jim’ll Fix It was still going in 1992?? Well I never.

verses

I asked to jump over a canyon in the General Lee.

I’m still waiting for a reply.

flip
    Free Member

I wanted to go on the Ark Royal 😀

No reply 😥

AndyP
    Free Member

I asked to stroke a small hairless rabbit whilst blindfolded. It was sick on me. And so on.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I wanted a go on the Princess Royal, no reply there either. 🙁

AndyP
    Free Member

I wanted a go on the Princess Royal, no reply there either. :O Sick, sick man.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I wanted a go on the Princess Royal, no reply there either. :O Sick, sick man.

ah kids today… She was a bit of a looker in her younger days

noteeth
    Free Member

I asked for total economic collapse, “but give it a few years – and make sure nobody can trace it back to you.”

No reply. 😕

AndyP
    Free Member

Still think you’re in need of a white stick, Granddad…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Still think you’re in need of a white stick, Granddad..

No, she’s in need of a …

oh, you know where it was going

Harry_the_Spider

I wanted to meet The Red Arrows. Didn’t get a reply.

Not a good week for either of them. 😐

fatmax

I asked to spend a day mountain biking with my hero Tim Gould…alas, no reply…

AndyP
    Free Member

…savaging by a pack of wolves, along with the rest of her lot?

mudshark
    Free Member

My brother wanted to do dips with Brian Jacks…. Ah, the 70s.

cheers_drive

I wanted to go to Legoland in Denmark.
    I guess it was a little boring compared with eating a cream cake on a roller coaster so he didn’t reply 😥

Finally at the age of 33 I got to go through a convoluted route involving finding a Danish girlfriend. She got very bored of waiting in freezing temperatures for hours as I studied every model 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Brian Jacks

My brother once met him in a coffee shop by the river in Knaresborough.

He wasn’t eating oranges.

He also once met Nicole (the German Eurovision entry at the time) in the same coffee shop.

Neither was she.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

DID ANYONE EVER GET A REPLY??????

It’s a fix! A Jim’ll Fix!!

Duggan

My mate wrote in and asked if he could fix-it so he could look in a Magpies nest…didn’t get a reply 🙁

Duggan

My mate wrote in and asked if he could fix-it so he could look in a Magpies nest…didn’t get a reply 🙁

Quite forward thinking of him though- he thought that the nest would be full of gold, jewellery, that kind of thing.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

There’s was teacher lived near me who due to work pressures couldn’t get out as much as she used to. She loved dancing but had little opportunity to indulge that passion, she also had less and lee time to lavish any attention on her beloved pet. I asked Jim to arrange for someone to take her cat out dancing, thus killing two birds with one stone. This time he did reply and promised he would arrange this, but it never happened. I wrote to him years later and he said he would make sure that this wish was carried out, even if it was the last thing he did. Pah! some blokes are just all chat!

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

asked to got to Disneyland! Selfish I admit! I deserved no reply.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

Only very recently (like in my twenties) I realised his name wasn’t actually Jim’ll

GrunkaLunka
    Free Member

Brian Jacks

I, along with 30 other under 8’s, fought Brian Jacks when he turned up to our local judo club at a special event day. He broke a kids nose right infront of me by picking one lad up and swinging him round by the arms, using him to clear a path through us. He absolutely pwned us, best day of my life that.

Jim had nothing to do with it unfortunately.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Jim'll Fix It – so what did you ask for and did it come true?’ is closed to new replies.