Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Jimi Goodwin
  • Merak

I went to see him perform his new stuff at King Tuts last week . It was excellent.

That is all.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Seeing him Sunday evening in Bristol. Your post has cheered me up. 🙂

binners

He’s a legend! Saw him at the Hac when it was Sub Sub, and feel like Doves soundtracked my life. Seen them more times live than any other band. He did a live set on LaLa this morning. It was superb!

He used to live in the next street to me in Chorlton 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Choralton you say? Do you know Longford Road there binbins?

steelfan
    Free Member

He’s playing tonight at the Islington Assembly Hall in London. I would love to have gone but I’m still at work.

binners

Lived right next to it for 12 very happy years mate. Ride my kids through Longford park, in the trailer, to nursery 🙂

Merak

Yeah heard him on LL. The drummer in his band is shit hot BTW. They sound amazing, hope Doves aren’t finished though…

Dark-Side

Saw him in Chester a month or so back at the Live Rooms just before he played the 6 Music Festival. He’s a bit of a hero of mine, Odludek is a great album.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Lived right next to it for 12 very happy years mate. Ride my kids through Longford park, in the trailer, to nursery

Ah, I think we discussed it before…my gran and granddad lived there for years. Spent a few summers there in the last seventies as a lad. Used to love going to a corner shop there with my granddad for a 5p ice cream. I had to say a Hail Mary for him once I’d finished. (Which I nearly never did, little shite that I was 🙂 )

binners

Doves aren’t finished! He’s said that he just fancied doing something different for a bit. Watching Doves live is always a pleasure! Think the best was seeing them at Old Trafford. The Bunnymen, Doves, then New Order. A very messy, chemically enhanced day/evening/night/morning. 😀

Merak

Favourite Doves song; (tough one) The Cedar Room

Favourite Jimi Goodwin song; Ghost of the empties.

binners

Best Doves song? I always have Winter Hill in my head as I ride up the bloody thing heading for the San Marino. It’s a dream combination. But I have to concur with Merak about the Cedar Room. A proper anthem!

Bravissimo – we have had that discussion. I believe we might have had a couple of ales by that point 🙂

codybrennan
    Free Member

First Doves album is still a classic. Later ones are good too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It was indeed a very enjoyable set.

Merak

Excellent 🙂

As a treat I have this very evening ordered Lost Sides from the interwebz.

BeardedDave
    Free Member

I saw him last weekend, at the Great Escape Festival in Brighton, in a glorified village hall, straight after I’d finished an 8 hour journey to get there. He was very good. I’m not massively sold on his solo album, I much prefer his stuff with Doves, but I thought the new songs came over well live.
    Blurry picture from the gig:

binners

Merak – Lost Sides is superb. Its telling that the the stuff Doves didn’t deem to be good enough to put on an album, is miles better than what most bands will ever produce

CountZero

Jimi Goodwin, recently:

[/url] image by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url] image by CountZero1, on Flickr[/img]

I think I prefer him with Doves. Kingdom of Rust is my favourite.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Jimi Goodwin’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts