Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Jetmaster open fire
  • FeeFoo
    Free Member

We’re getting our open fireplace replaced with something nicer – the existing one is a bit too 70s for our tastes.
    We want to keep it as an open fire rather than a stove purely due to a preference for open fires.

Has anyone had any experience of Jetmaster or similar? They claim it makes the heat output 40-50% compared to the 20% output of a standard open fire.

matt_outandabout

A stove 60%+ 😉

It has always surprised me that there are no stoves with a a similar system – apart from full on Kakkleoven/Rocket Stove stylee. Increasing surface area and funnelling air out forwards seems a simple step forward.

scaredypants

we have one of those

don’t use it much as the “removable logpan” is a pain in the arse to remove and it’s too much effort cleaning out the ash in-situ
    (and we live in t’south where it’s warm all year round)

no experience of other types of fire, so even I’d consider this post utterly useless 😳

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bearGrease

We have one, it came with the house. Originally burned coal but swapped the pan for a wood one and it’s great. Easy to empty and takes about five fires worth. The system does work and warms our big old room pretty well. Not as good as our Morso but that is rated at 85% . go for it if you want an open fire. TBH if I had the cash I would put an inset Morso in but only for the longer burn times, the open fire and smell of logs is lovely.

chiefgrooveguru

In-laws had one put in some years back – heats the room much better than the traditional fire it replaced.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Cheers all.
    Will be ordering it this week. Installation is in late July. I’ll test it then and report back on how efficient it is 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Jetmaster open fire’ is closed to new replies.