Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Jetboil question
  • Mounty_73

On the Jetboils there is a label stating….

‘This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm’

Whats this all about? Is it the plastic or a lining on the pot?

Its just a bit off putting from buying one! 😉

tomhoward

Don’t use it in California?

nealglover
    Free Member

Google “Proposition 65” For more details.

In short, don’t go to California as apparently, everything causes cancer there.

Spin
    Free Member

Pretty much everything says that in California. I assume it’s some sort of disclaimer to head off future lawsuits. Ignore it.

jon1973
    Free Member

edit: d’oh – beaten to it :).

Spin
    Free Member

The real problem with Jetboils is what to do with all the half empty canisters. The performance drops to almost useless when you get to half empty and below.

mark90
    Free Member

Put the remaining ‘gas’ all into one canister…

E-bay linky thing

Duffer
    Free Member

My Salsa Cromoto forks came with the same warning. Quite two steel tubes bonded to an aluminium steerer can cause cancer I’m not sure…

boblo
    Free Member

mark90 – Member
    Put the remaining ‘gas’ all into one canister…

E-bay linky thing

I made a budget version of that and I’m not dead (though I expect to be at some point):

mark90
    Free Member

Do you get a good seal with that without a rubber washer/o-ring?

I have thought about making a double ‘coleman’ ended version of this….

boblo
    Free Member

Yes. It’s brass tube with a slot in each end with a piece of silicone tube sleeved over the top. The silicone seals the valves when you push the two cannisters together.

You need to watch out for overfilling or they can go bang if they get warm. I weigh the donor and keep it in the fridge for a bit to ensure I get a liquid feed of less than a full canister when the contents of the donor is added to the recipient.

Nb this is definitely Heath Robinson. At your own risk. E&OE, values can go down as well as up etc.

mark90
    Free Member

Ah yes, I can see the tube now. Originally just thought it was a turned piece of brass.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Jetboil question’ is closed to new replies.