Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Jet engine contrails
  • yunki
    Free Member

Am I missing something here.. Contrails are like, water vapour and suchlike..? A by-product of burning fuel at altitude or some such..?
    Why do the conspiracy theorists not believe this..? Or is it that they believe in the physics but think that there is extra stuff being hidden in there..?

As an aside, it was quite extraordinary to see the deep blue hue of the sky while all air traffic was grounded during the Icelandic Volcano thing a few years back.. and quite depressing to actually witness the sky swiftly turning milky blue again by degrees as flights resumed..
    The difference was so prominent though, that I wonder if we might not be burnt to a crisp by the sun without our protective layer of aircraft pollution.. 😕

deluded
    Free Member

yunki,

Your observations made me think of ‘Little Fluffy Clouds’ by The Orb –

“What were the skies like when you were young?”

glenh
    Free Member

As an aside, it was quite extraordinary to see the deep blue hue of the sky while all air traffic was grounded during the Icelandic Volcano thing a few years back.. and quite depressing to actually witness the sky swiftly turning milky blue again by degrees as flights resumed..

Can’t say I noticed any difference. Do you live under an airport or something?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Why do the conspiracy theorists not believe this..?

because it is a conspiracy and only they know the TRUTH
    [tannoy] kaseae to th forum[/tannoy]

yunki
    Free Member

Do you live under an airport or something?

nope.. at the time I was in a seaside town in Devon.. Exeter airport is close I guess, but it’s no Stanstead.. We were paying particular attention though.. It was absolutely phenomenal..

“What were the skies like when you were young?”

exactly like this.. In fact we were all saying that we hadn’t seen blue like that since we were kids..

where were you and were you honestly taking any notice..?
    Maybe the proximity of the airport was the cause..

nealglover
    Free Member

because it is a conspiracy and only they know the TRUTH
    [tannoy] kaseae to th forum[/tannoy]

I kind of thought he was missing a trick by not mentioning contrails (yet)

It’s right up his street !

Junkyard
    Free Member

he is still researching 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve never heard of the contrails conspiracy theories before, I’m clearly not reading the right stuff, but why would it even matter? Some people will always think of bizarre conspiracy theories to accuse evil governments of, no amount of logic will change that. Specially when they are fed daily bollox by people with their own agenda which claim that all governments, taxation, and social responsibility, is inherently evil.

deluded
    Free Member

Sounds like there was a fair bit of puff in the air.

nealglover
    Free Member

I think you mean “researching” 🙂

loum
    Free Member

Greybeard
    Free Member

Hadn’t heard of this conspiracy before, but it’s about as [in]valid as the rest. But with regard to being burnt to a crisp without them, cirrus cloud (natural or man-made) makes global warming worse (I think it reflects back in more than than it blocks). Unlike lower level white cloud which reflects incoming sun and cools the planet.

Gweilo
    Free Member

cirrus cloud (natural or man-made) makes global warming worse (I think it reflects back in more than than it blocks)

Whilst there is a very slight increase in albedo from contrails its not the reflectivity that make the difference.

Water, in this case in the form of vapour, is an asymmetric molecule and stores both short wave (from the sun) and long wave (from the earth) radiative energy in the molecular bonds and warms the atmosphere. The current impact of contrails on global means surface temperature is something like 0.5 watts per square meter.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Same reason some people believe in gods/faeries/goblins/ghosts/flying saucers/Iraqi Weapons of Mass Destruction…

Not very bright innit?

Junkyard
    Free Member

It i sway less than 0.5 and was only 0.02 in 1992 and estimated to be 0.1 by 2050- assuming flight rates continue to grow
    Remember they only cover about 0.1% of the sky so are unlikely to have a massive effect.
    http://elib.dlr.de/9036/1/min.pdf

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why do the conspiracy theorists not believe this..? Or is it that they believe in the physics but think that there is extra stuff being hidden in there..?

There’s really a nutjob conspiracy theory about jet trails? REALLY REALLY?

**is flabbergasted**

Can someone please explain it too me so I know what to laugh at?

Northwind

yunki – Member

Because believing something that nobody else does, however mad, lets people feel that they know more than others. (and it’s easier to make up mad stuff than to discover or even learn new real things)

yunki
    Free Member
    rogerthecat
    Free Member

The change was recorded when the panes were grounded post 9/11, the amount of light reaching the earth’s surface increased. I seem to recall it sparked a whole global dimming debate/therory/scaremongering etc.

Some info from BBC Horizon here clickety

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Remember they only cover about 0.1% of the sky so are unlikely to have a massive effect.

According to the scientific data presented on the documentary on Global Dimming a few years ago (far far worse than Global warming), the lack of aircraft after the US post-9/11 banned all flights (having realised that their refusal to bring their airport security up to international levels despite being repeatedly asked to might have been unwise) bought with the the realisation that the pollution from aircraft was a very major factor in environmental changes.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am aware of that but we would need more than one period of research to say anything conclusive about it as it is conceivable that you have just measure weather and used it to draw conclusion about global effects.

nealglover
    Free Member

Talking about climate change etc from Contrails is on thing…..

But the proper hardcore anti NWO tin foil hat brigade are are talking about “chemtrails” and are in a different league…..

The chemtrail conspiracy theory holds that some trails left by aircraft are actually chemical or biological agents deliberately sprayed at high altitudes for purposes undisclosed to the general public in clandestine programs directed by government officials.

[Url]http://www.sheepkillers.com/chemtrails.html[/url]

One of the primary methods the NWO is using to enslave and kill off the population is the continual use of chemtrails. This is a very serious and very real issue and we encourage you to do your own research on this. And start looking up! They’re spraying all the time.

“We encourage you to do your own research on this”

Now let me think……. Who from round here does that sound like ??!!

Northwind

Is the albedo thing really the big concern with climate change and jets? Would have thought the fossil fuel burning would be a bigger thing.

Duggan

Slight tangent here but someone once told me that on 9/11 quite a few hikers and walkers etc out in the middle of nowhere in the U.S with no access to any media turned back and headed for home, as they realised something was wrong when there were no planes at all passing overhead for hours.

Not sure if it’s true or not but sounds like it could be plausible.

CountZero

I regularly get Facebook posts from the Cloud Appreciation Society, and Milky Way Scientists with beautiful photos of interesting cloud formations,,including Cirrus, Sun Dogs, solar and Lunar Halos, that sort of thing, and you can guarantee that some half-wit will claim its chemtrails or HAARP.
    Despite Sun Dogs having been recorded for centuries, they’re still man-made chemtrails…
    (Profanity of choice) idiots!

yunki
    Free Member

Chemtrails:

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Jet engine contrails’ is closed to new replies.