Viewing 40 posts - 15,001 through 15,040 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • seosamh77
    Free Member

Hehe, Mon the wolfies. 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

Jamba. I’ll take you to a gig at the brazen heid one night. Give ye the fright of yer life by the sounds of it. Might even enjoy yerself! 😆

From the fighting first battalion of the Santa ponsa brigade! :mrgreen:

enfht
    Free Member

Ok so direct quotes from IRA man Sean O’Callaghan that directly implicate Corbyn can be safely ignored because they were printed in The Sun, whereas years of denial from The Guardian that muslim rape gangs existed means diddly squat. Ha. Ha. Ha.

kimbers

oh boy……..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Who said that? I was simply helping you with identifying your quote enfht. I can’t imagine why you didn’t say where you copied and pasted it from.

But here you are again, and now you want to talk
    About rape gangs. Yesterday it was child abuse.

Are you ok?

enfht
    Free Member

Just pointing out your state of denial which despite reality appears to be unwavering. The left have truly dug themselves into a corner.

kimbers

Ok so direct quotes from IRA man Sean O’Callaghan that directly implicate Corbyn can be safely ignored because they were printed in The Sun

as opposed to direct quotes from IRA men turned peace makers like adams (allegedly) and mcguiness who contradict him

not to mention that O’Callaghan has history as a renowned liar and fantasist who has admitted in court to making up stories to journalists for cash

and claimed he was selected by the IRA to kill Charles & Diana, but he called it off and saved them

he spent years saying that the peace process was just a sham and the IRA would take up arms again at any minute

obviously quality media like the mail/sun/telegraph etc would check the credentials of any source, when something so controversial was being claimed

but enfht, keep reading the Sun and Im sure it will spoon feed you all you want to hear

Junkyard
    Free Member

Oh the irony

molgrips
    Free Member

Bloody hell. Another poll this time FIVE points!

ctk
    Free Member

Just heard on R4 he’ll be doing a speech on terrorism/ foreign policy tomorrow- stay tuned Jamba.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Corbyn – the gift that keeps on giving. @ctk The Independent has a drfat of what he’ll say.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-manchester-attack-terrorism-uk-foreign-policy-wars-speech-a7756266.html

Lifer
    Free Member

“We must be brave enough to admit the ‘war on terror’ is simply not working. We need a smarter way to reduce the threat from countries that nurture terrorists and generate terrorism.”

Yep

jam-bo

Are you suggesting UK foreign policy has made the world a safer place?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Are you suggesting UK foreign policy has made the world a safer place?

I’ll admit I don’t know a huge amount about the foreign policy of the Philippines, but I wonder if foreign policy isn’t the common factor here.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/may/24/isis-linked-militants-kill-police-chief-and-take-hostages-in-philippines

RustySpanner

Reposted from another thread.
    Worth a listen Flashy.

Anyone listen to the interview on PM yesterday with the young Mancunian of Libyan descent who knew the bomber?

I found his views on the causes of radicalisation quite eye opening.
    Link. From approx 47 minutes.

I hope someone was listening to him.

jam-bo
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Rusty, have heard a little about that interview, and planning to listen tomorrow morning when I’m back at my desk. Thanks for the prompt, though!

oldnpastit

@jambalaya, I don’t think Corbyn is saying anything that everyone doesn’t already know. UK foreign policy has been a disaster.

ctk
    Free Member

Cameron worst PM ever?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ll admit I don’t know a huge amount about the foreign policy

Well if you stopped and thought about it you might be able to figure out that Western foreign policy has helped to turn a tiny handful of penniless nutters into a massive terror group with a global reach.

And yes, with a reach as far as the Philippines.

And if you stopped and thought about it a little bit more you might also figure out that helping Al Qaeda, ISIS, and other terrorists organisations, establish themselves in Libya, as the previous Tory prime minister David Cameron did, wasn’t a very good idea.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Possibly…but then came Mummy.

oldnpastit

Cameron worst PM ever?

He has to be in the running. Smarmy so-and-so.

ulysse
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking. Jeremy Corbyn, seriously cool.

Not cool in the same way as pre war Blair, but cool nonetheless.
    A different kinda cool

dragon
    Free Member

Odd world when UKIP and Labour are trying to make political capital from very similar points.

Lifer
    Free Member

What points?

dazh

Corbyn – the gift that keeps on giving.

I guess that’s why the tories poll lead is down to 5 points from 24 even though the poll was taken after the Manchester attack. Anyway, you’ve obviously been itching to use this to highlight Corbyn’s supposed weakness on security. The fact that this happened on May’s watch (especially considering her previous role as home secretary), and that the war on terror has been about as effective as the war on drugs is obviously immaterial.

outofbreath
    Free Member
    AlexSimon

Listening to him now, Corbyn comes across very well. I think some clever people have helped him get the speech’s priorities right.

Definitely touches the right talking points, but also sounds sincere (apart from the odd autocue moment). Something that very few in the Tory party can manage at the moment.

When I saw the current YouGuv poll, I honestly thought it was from before the Manchester bomb. Heartened to see that it wasn’t.

slowoldman

“UK foreign policy would change under a Labour government to one that “reduces rather than increases the threat” to the country, Jeremy Corbyn is to say”.

Security Minister Ben Wallace told the BBC his comments were “inappropriate and crassly timed”.

And Lib Dem Leader Tim Farron accused Mr Corbyn of using the “grotesque” attack in Manchester to “make a political point”.

I would have thought this is precisely the time to be discussing the cause of such atrocities.

Northwind

slowoldman – Member

I would have thought this is precisely the time to be discussing the cause of such atrocities.

yeah, god forbid we should talk about government policy and reaction to terrorism before an election. Obviously it’s fine as long as you just dispense simple platitudes but you cross a line if you actually want to think about it.

ransos
    Free Member

Definitely touches the right talking points, but also sounds sincere

I think he is sincere – he’s been very consistent in his views about British foreign policy, going back a long time.

footflaps

When I saw the current YouGuv poll, I honestly thought it was from before the Manchester bomb. Heartened to see that it wasn’t.

+1

There may actually be some Hope after all!

dazh

Just listened to his speech. Probably the best he’s ever given IMO. He came across as quite the statesman, and didn’t once try to blame the tories or anyone else for what has happened. I was nervous last night when I heard what he was going to talk about, but he got it dead on. I look forward to other politicians following suit.

AlexSimon

dazh – Member

Just listened to his speech. Probably the best he’s ever given IMO. He came across as quite the statesman, and didn’t once try to blame the tories or anyone else for what has happened. I was nervous last night when I heard what he was going to talk about, but he got it dead on. I look forward to other politicians following suit. Unfortunately there was enough in there for anyone to choose a snippet which suits their agenda (as some are already doing), but hopefully people are starting to see through that a bit. At least I assume they must be for the polls to swing so much.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, ironically it’s probably a strong suit of his in terms of knowledge, having been involved in pacifism for a long time.

Whether or not he can convince the electorate that bombing brown people isn’t the answer though is another issue.

dragon
    Free Member

Well it was when the UK participated in the liberation of Kuwait from Iraqi occupation. However, Corbyn was anti this as well.

Just as Blair was blinded into thinking intervention was always going to lead to success. Corbyn is blinded into thinking standing by and doing nothing is the key. Both are wrong the world nuanced and complicated than that.

dazh

Corbyn is blinded into thinking standing by and doing nothing is the key.

Have you read/heard his speech? Could you point out the bit where he said we should do nothing?

AlexSimon

Both are wrong the world nuanced and complicated than that.

It’s interesting that people think that Corbyn doesn’t understand this, when he is usually the one with the more nuanced and complicated view.

DrJ

Obvious crassness here :

The people who we ask to protect us and care for us in the emergency services, who yet again did our country proud: the police; firefighters and paramedics; the nurses and doctors; people who never let us down and deserve all the support we can give them.

And the people who did their best to help on that dreadful Monday night – the homeless men who rushed towards the carnage to comfort the dying, the taxi drivers who took the stranded home for free, the local people who offered comfort, and even their homes, to the teenagers who couldn’t find their parents.

They are the people of Manchester. But we know that attacks, such as the one at the Manchester Arena, could have happened anywhere and that the people in any city, town or village in Britain would have responded in the same way.

It is these people who are the strength and the heart of our society. They are the country we love and the country we seek to serve.

That is the solidarity that defines our United Kingdom. That is the country I meet on the streets every day; the human warmth, the basic decency and kindness.

It is our compassion that defines the Britain I love. And it is compassion that the bereaved families need most of all at this time. To them I say: the whole country reaches out its arms to you and will be here for you not just this week, but in the weeks and years to come.

Viewing 40 posts - 15,001 through 15,040 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.