Viewing 40 posts - 13,841 through 13,880 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Talking of smug and superior, I see Gina Miller is now back in the frame with her tactical voting website thing.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/26/gina-miller-raises-300000-for-candidates-to-oppose-hard-brexit

The Tories must get a few hundred thousand new supporters every time she appears on telly.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The Tories must get a few hundred thousand new supporters every time she appears on telly.

Or not, how many alternatives does she generate?
    As brexit was seen as helped by older non voters making an appearance are there more out there? The logic requires an infinite supply

binners

Nah…. all the nasty, foaming-at-the-mouth, Mail reading, xenophobic racists were already on their way back from UKIP anyway.

The fact that Gina Miller is championing the exact democratic sovereignty that they were claiming to want back from the EU in the first place, will still never let her be forgiven for being both the wrong sex, and the wrong colour

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Erm, Jez, the camera is over there.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Talking of smug and superior, I see Gina Miller is now back in the frame with her tactical voting website thing.

Quick, find a photo of her eating a bacon sandwich…that’ll sort it.

greentricky
    Free Member

https://www.tactical2017.com/ is doing a similiar thing to what she is trying to achieve

jambalaya
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

The fact that Gina Miller is championing the exact democratic sovereignty that they were claiming to want back from the EU in the first place, will still never let her be forgiven for being both the wrong sex, and the wrong colour

Oh come on ! Looks she’s been totaly found out (to the extent anyone actually believed her democracy bollix) to be 100% campaigning to Remain in the EU / disrupt the result of the Referendum as she diasgrees with the result. I can’t understand for a second why she agreed to those pomous press photographs either, madness.

further sanctions on Russia were ignored out of hand at the G7.

Yup blocked by Germany and Italy who had no intention of allowing the use of Sarin gas to get in the way of selling products to Russia.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yup blocked by Germany and Italy who had no intention of allowing the use of Sarin gas to get in the way of selling products to Russia.

#jambafact

binners

Looks she’s been totaly found out (to the extent anyone actually believed her democracy bollix) to be 100% campaigning to Remain in the EU / disrupt the result of the Referendum as she diasgrees with the result.

As is her democratic right Jammers old boy! 😛

I still think the all the hatred/abuse/death threats/rape threats (you stay classy brexiteers!) are directed at her because angry, old, self-entitled white Tories don’t like uppity little women, who are also the wrong colour, having the temerity to question their right to do what the hell they like. Does she not know her place?

GrahamS

Hang on a minute…..He’s a what?

The **** is a mugwump? asks Corbyn

jambalaya
    Free Member

Indeed it’s her right binners but my issue is with her lack of integrety and honesty right from the start.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Indeed it’s her right binners but my issue is with her lack of integrety and honesty right from the start.

Lack of integrity and honesty don’t seem to bother you at all when it’s someone who’s a right-wing nutjob/Leaver/Trump-er (eg. “We love Boris”) but when it’s a Remainer or someone from the Labour Party, suddenly they’re required to stand up to some high level of scrutiny. Do you* apply similar standards of “integrity” and “honesty” to your own posts?

*No need to answer.

binners

An accusation of a lack of integrity and honesty? From the Leave campaign? Seriously? 😆

Hi….

At the risk of sounding repetitive….

I still think the all the hatred/abuse/death threats/rape threats (you stay classy brexiteers!) are directed at her because angry, old, self-entitled white Tories don’t like uppity little women, who are also the wrong colour, having the temerity to question their right to do what the hell they like. Does she not know her place?

kimbers

jambalaya – Member
    my issue is with her lack of integrety and honesty

😆

outofbreath
    Free Member

“Indeed it’s her right binners but my issue is with her lack of integrety and honesty right from the start”

I’d question if she does especially lack those, but let’s assume she does: She’s not standing for office, she’s just offering a service to tell people of a certain viewpoint which way to vote so who cares about her personal attributes.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Well you all have a chance to make your mark on June 8th

BTW I haven’t seen anything about what the Labour Party are up to today, perhaos its nothing, perhaps it’s campaign genius from Boris attacking the weakest link in Labour and doninating the days headlines ?

kimbers

jambalaya – Member

I suppose, but I fear the OAP little englanders will rule the day

outofbreath
    Free Member

“I suppose, but I fear the OAP little englanders will rule the day”

I’m sure this kind of name-calling will result in a Labour landslide. It’s never worked before so this this time it has to be a cert.

kimbers

I’m sure this kind of name-calling will result in a Labour landslide. It’s never worked before so this this time it has to be a cert.

im just extrapolating from the last vote weve had

Ive yet to see anything, from politicians on social media or indeed on here to make me think my razor sharp analysis is wrong…. 😉

dragon
    Free Member

Every time you see him in the line-up with the other G8 foreign ministers, the cringe is massive. There’s more going on in the UK’s rapidly contracting sphere of influence than Brexit, and Boris, wherever possible, will **** it up for us.

If only we vote for Labour then we can have Diane Abbott representing us instead. Even when the Tory option is bad the Labour option is still worse.

kimbers

slow clap for dragon

-see Borris’ latest promise to bomb Syria if Trump tells us to
    just shows that he really is the best man for the job

lest we forget

Tony Blairs vote for war in Iraq was almost lost because 150 labour MPs rebelled & the Lib Dems voted against ,
    but it was saved because 9 out of 10 of the Tory opposition backed him (including Theresa May & Borris Johnson ) and here we are…
    A never ending cycle of violence and terror attacks across Europe a series of failed states accross the middle east, a million? dead and millions more refugees displaced…

Corbyn & Abbot were on the right side of history then, but the usual Tory hard on for war remains

DrJ

my issue is with her lack of integrety and honesty right from the start

Why? Did she fiddle her election campaign expenses? Or was that someone else?

DrJ

BTW I haven’t seen anything about what the Labour Party are up to today

They’ve been threatening to bomb Syria without parliamentary approval. Oh no. Sorry. That was someone else.

dragon
    Free Member

Corbyn & Abbot were on the right side of history, no they weren’t, ISIS would have control of Iraq by now if it had been left to them.

GrahamS

I’ll make my mark (maybe not for Corbyn), but realistically it’ll be as effective as a fart in a hurricane.

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk gives the Tories a 94% chance of winning in my constituency and I doubt that is likely to change any time soon.

That’s one of the main reasons I’ve never bought into the whole “sovereignty” and “take back control” arguments: my vote is essentially meaningless here anyway.

kimbers

no they weren’t, ISIS would have control of Iraq by now if it had been left to them.

Actually I think you’ll find that Saddam would still be in control of iraq now of they’d got their way…

But keep talking rubbish, it’s entertaining 😉

GrahamS

And surely they would have been ISII anyway?

AlexSimon

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk gives the Tories a 94% chance of winning in my constituency and I doubt that is likely to change any time soon.

Yep – 93% Tory here too. I’ll still make the effort though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I suppose, but I fear the OAP little englanders will rule the day

What about all the Scottish, Welsh and NI votes for Brexit ? Looks like Tories will see more votes in Wales than Labour and a vey clear second place to the SNP in Scotland ?

They’ve been threatening to bomb Syria without parliamentary approval

It’s never been required, Cameron introduced the practice of seeking approval for such action. Before it was ad-hoc. Not responding to the use of Chenical weapons on civilians when the Government has already effectively won the civil war would be pretty disgraceful imho. Of course Jezza would be over there calling Hezbollah (Assad’s ally) his friends, maybe even Assad himself.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Of course Jezza would be over there calling Hezbollah (Assad’s ally) his friends, maybe even Assad himself.

#jambafact

kimbers

And yet the Tories enabled Blair in his Iraq war while Jeremy opposed it…
    He supported a peaceful resolution to Ireland and that’s what we have
    The Tories opposed it

The wrong side of history seems to be the default Tory setting

mattyfez

The man is an absolute joke, his latest bright idea is he won’t do the TV debate if may doesn’t.

I hope the debate still goes ahead so we can have an hour of Farron next to two empty seats calling them out for the cowards they are.

GrahamS

Of course Jezza would be over there calling Hezbollah (Assad’s ally) his friends, maybe even Assad himself.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAUdupZlzwo[/video]

Jus’saying. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I hope the debate still goes ahead so we can have an hour of Farron next to two empty seats

He’d still lose.

binners

Just watching channel 4 news, May has obviously taken her cue from Jezza, and his desire to only ever attend public events if they’re only attanded by members of Momentum

She gets driven in somewhere, makes a speech for the cameras in front of Party loyalists, and grinning toady’s, waving placards, then it’s back in the car, and back off to Westminster.

Apparently it was Leeds today. But all of them might as well have been shot in the same studio down the road from number 10. Or the same event, same sound bites, played on repeat

Jezzas are the same, just with different coloured placards.

Perish the thought either of them might actually encounter a voter who wasn’t a fully paid up member of their weird cults

It’s going to be a long 6 weeks

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be fair to Jezza, he’s nowhere near the frit that May is showing herself to be. In other news about May, more and more MPs are calling her “mummy”. Creepy bitty-boys.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The man is an absolute joke, his latest bright idea is he won’t do the TV debate if may doesn’t.

why is this such a bad idea – sorry make him a joke?

jambalaya
    Free Member

It’s going to be a long 6 weeks

Indeed. Our elections are increasingly looking like those in the US, pointless showboating debates, placard waving loyalists ideally placed behind the speaker so we can all see them etc …

At least the French are still throwing flour and eggs

Northwind

binners – Member

Perish the thought either of them might actually encounter a voter who wasn’t a fully paid up member of their weird cults

Don’t believe everything you think, channel 4 was out doorstepping with Corbyn today. He looked like he was selling avon but still.

If they play the debate right it could be a very smart move- basically claim victory by default, Theresa May was too scared to turn up and there’s no point playing the knocked out semi-finalists. Takes away all the risks while still making it May’s problem. Remains to be seen if they manage any of that, doesn’t really look like it tbh

Viewing 40 posts - 13,841 through 13,880 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.