Viewing 40 posts - 12,521 through 12,560 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

often for hire in quite different ways.

Blair/Ecclestone

Oh, and Keith Vaz. No, hold on. He does the hiring in quite different ways.

ransos
    Free Member

IMO based on speaking to ex neighbours there was zero chance of the Referendum passing the 15% rise for Surrey. Not sure what sort of deal they where supposed to have got.

Well, duh. Pretty obviously it was a move designed to extract a concession because of the embarrassment to Jeremy Hunt and Philip Hammond, who both have their constituencies there. I suspect the Surrey CC chief exec is smarter at political manoeuvring than he is at sending text messages…

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good to see that a weak performance on QT last week is not barrier to high office.

Well done Rebecca L-B and good luck in your new role. Quite a story.

petec
    Free Member

excellent bit in today’s Private Eye about how, when JC does weekend work (like the Andrew Marr show), he gets time off in lieu the following week. Bless.

Hate to think what would happen if he were PM and there was a weekend national disaster. You wouldn’t see him for days afterwards.

irc

As someone who voted for Jeremy in the leadership election I think he is performing as expected. I think he should fight on until at least 2020.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Good to see that a weak performance on QT Daily Politics last week is not barrier to high office. being JC’s heir apparent

Well done Rebecca L-B and good luck in your new role. Quite a story.

FIFY

big_n_daft
    Free Member

As someone who voted for Jeremy in the leadership election

which one?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Heir apparent?

You are kidding…..

(and was last week’s QT)

binners

You’ve just handed the Tories a blank cheque. You didn’t win a single concession but still voted for the Bill. Pathetic.

And once again the ‘Labour Heartlands’ of the North of England heave a weary sigh and wish that the SNP would move south of the border, so they’d at least have someone credible to vote for.

She vocalised exactly my feelings in a considerably less sweary manner

*sighs wearily*

big_n_daft
    Free Member

And once again the ‘Labour Heartlands’ of the North of England heave a weary sigh and wish that the SNP would move south of the border, so they’d at least have someone credible to vote for

Some people north of the border think that the SNP aren’t. Even her in her constituency, follow @visitgovanhill for the alternative viewpoint

Or ask why primary class sizes are going up whilst university tutition fees are paid for EU nationals

Etc

Heir apparent?

You are kidding…..

(and was last week’s QT)

Nope, Lady Nugee ‘s makeover isn’t hitting home so they are flailing around for the successor for when JC steps down with “health issues” to keep the project going

Lisa Nandy is now tainted as a Red Tory

QT is not worth the viewing time, Andrew Neil however is great value

ctk
    Free Member

binners – Member

You’ve just handed the Tories a blank cheque. You didn’t win a single concession but still voted for the Bill. Pathetic.

And once again the ‘Labour Heartlands’ of the North of England heave a weary sigh and wish that the SNP would move south of the border, so they’d at least have someone credible to vote for.

Labour Heartlands = Brexitland

mefty
    Free Member

Well, he has finally managed to unite the country – every age group, social backgrounds, and group of voters – including Labour ones – give him a net unfavourable rating.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Wasn’t it that 7/10 labour constituencies voted leave?

grumpysculler
    Free Member

They’re also completely misunderstood the whole point of a representative democracy – MPs are hired to make the difficult decisions, not the popular ones.

Except they only get hired by being popular, and then we expect them to do what they said they would do.

Politicians can’t be trusted on big issues, so we end up with referendums. The electorate can’t be trusted to do what is right, so we go off referendums and look to our politicians. Lather, rinse, repeat.

bencooper
    Free Member

Except they only get hired by being popular, and then we expect them to do what they said they would do.

Well, yes and no. Under the Westminster system, it really doesn’t matter what most people want, First Past The Post and safe seats mean that a government can get power and do whatever it wants with only 20-25% of people voting for it.

So we now have the situation where the government is going for a hard Brexit which almost no-one wants, even most people who voted Leave.

We really need PR. But we won’t get it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So we now have the situation where the government is going for a hard Brexit which almost no-one wants, even most people who voted Leave.

No we don’t but lets not let that get in the way

cranberry
    Free Member

We are now in a position where we are leaving the EU, which is what what was sold to the electorate before the referendum and the majority chose.

The self-delusion of the remoaners is quite something to behold.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what is your evidence for the fact they are not going for a hard Brexit?

The EU chief negotiator certainly considers it s hard Brexit

the only difference i can see is that they want to retain trade- without paying on harmonising – which is not going to happen – you accept this- so in essence the fairest categorisation of their approach so far is a hard Brexit though they would like to avoid the tariff part of this but it is not the line in the sand and the PM will accept it.

NOw I dont wish to accuse you of post truth or being a snake oil salesperson but i am not sure what you are basing this assessment on as it is at odds with the europeans, BO Jo, the independent etc
    Why do you say this?
    Proper explanation not patronising hints please

binners

The self-delusion of the remoaners is quite something to behold.

You do realise that once you use the term remoaners you sort of invalidate everything else you say?

If there’s any delusion going on here its from the ‘have cake, eat it’ crowd, who somewhat unfortunately are presently in charge of negotiations, and I would imagine, once they trigger article 50, are in for the mother of all reality intrusions. It’d almost be funny, given what a bunch of tools we’re talking about, but alas we’re all going to have to live with the consequences of their monumental folly.

Anyway…. back to Jezza and his pathetic non-leadership… A pretty accurate piece in yesterdays Guardian

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Actually, many of our side are growing into the remoaners tag very well….

Jezza’s twatter account has been rather sad this week. Ok, the worlds attention is on another twatter account, but even so what he tweets during a week of important events just shows how divorced from the real action he is.

It’s cruel letting him carry on like this. The puppet masters are the only ones who seen happy

cranberry
    Free Member

You do realise that once you use the term remoaners you sort of invalidate everything else you say?

Well, remoaner covers what they are doing, and is a little bit easier to type then “self-deluding, truthophobes who are lying about something that was at the time given some slight discussion in the media”.

Anyway, back on track, for the thread at least 😉

Labour are polling at 24%, compared to 40% for the May-bot. That would work out at:

389 seats for the conservatives
    208 for labour

A conservative majority of 128 seats.

nickjb
    Free Member

Abandon hope all ye who enter here……

Telegraph readers?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Indeed big_n_daft. Northern constituencies currently held by Labour aren’t on the target list. Corbyn’s priority is shoring up the Islington vote after Laboir coming in 4th in Scotland he’s given up there too. Just so terribly inconvenient to have by-election constituencies with a massive Leave vote and another with a nuclear power station. Corbyn needs a Stop the War constituency, not sure where to find one of those though.

dazh
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

jambalaya
    Free Member

Corbyn under preasure over his inaction on Momentum abuse of women MPs and failing to honour pledge to have a women on short list for each Mayoral election.

Kinder Gentler Politics ?

http://m.huffpost.com/uk/entry/uk_58ad5d82e4b0d0a6ef465753?ir=UK

The Labour leader came under pressure at a meeting of the Women’s Parliamentary Labour Party (PLP) as a string of MPs, some on the edge of tears, gave accounts of the attacks they had suffered in recent months

During the hour-long meeting in the Commons on Tuesday, Parliamentarians recounted how they had been threatened with deselection and had felt that Momentum supporters had ‘incited’ harassment and even rape threats.

binners

Which Momentum though? I thought there were about 12 different ones now as they’ve all fallen into their usual lefty factions. Each more virtuous than the last. There’ll probably be 20 by the end of the week 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

See gif above, Binners.

😆

binners

Had PMQ’s on before. Unbelievably, he seems to get worse by the week. If he were a horse, you’d have him shot

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I kind of want Blair to return…along with Mandy and Cambell.

binners

I’d love to hear what Cambell would have to say about Jezza over a couple of pints. I reckon he’d go ‘Full Malcolm’….

😆

mefty
    Free Member

I’d love to hear what Cambell would have to say about Jezza over a couple of pints. I reckon he’d go ‘Full Malcolm’….

He’s teetotal, ex alcoholic.

martinhutch

I kind of want Blair to return…along with Mandy and Cambell.

Who’s are they going to rope in to be the fourth horseman though?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Good to see the old boy on PMQ, I was worried that he had disappeared this morning. He’s certainly been very quiet and his twatter account is rather sad and empty.

Anything been going on in the meantime?

binners

he’s teetotal, ex alcoholic

I know. That’s why I’d love to get a few pints down him then ask him what he thought about Corbyn

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Whats this dab thing at PMQ all about?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Whats this dab thing at PMQ all about?

It’s so we don’t talk about Watson taking £500k in funding from Max Mosley. Quick, look at the funny fat man dancing!

Viewing 40 posts - 12,521 through 12,560 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.