Viewing 40 posts - 12,201 through 12,240 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • dazh

Labour party members voted in droves for Corbyn because he was the best candidate.

They voted for him not because he was the best, but because he was the only one who presented a platform which didn’t pander to racism, didn’t propose moving further to the right, didn’t propose more of the failed 1990s new labour solutions, and who didn’t represent the careerist, principle free vacuum that the other candidates displayed in droves. The fact that he was the candidate who acted as the vessel for all this pent up resentment was a pure accident, and a result of their own hubris. If labour MPs really want to beat him, they need to first beat him fairly rather than trying to suppress leftwing candidates and supporters, and secondly find someone who can address the points above who is an actual leader. I find it astonishing TBH that they can’t do that.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Thm the problem with Labour is that the PLP think the only way to get power is to stand right next to theTories and try to look prettier.

And they would be (largely) right = we do centrist politics in the UK. Move too far away from the voters (remember them) and you are destined to be merely a side show

The other problem with the PLP is that they want an effective leader – cant blame them really.

binners

Labour party members voted in droves for Corbyn because he was the best candidate.

the fact of the matter is that under the present electoral system Corbyn would be re-elected again tomorrow despite how utterly useless he is, and the glaringly obvious fact that he’s about to lead the party to its greatest ever defeat, as he has already delivered it into political irrelevance

Why? Because ‘the party’ has been invaded and colonised by nutters of various sorts. And just like when an antisocial family move into a street and start dumping washing machines, half-built cars on bricks, and piss-soaked mattresses on the front lawn, then start having all night parties, sat out the front drinking, having fires, everyone else moves out. Pronto!

This is what the corbynites are. They’re the piss-sodded mattresses, the rusty washing machines, the burning pallets, and the cars on bricks.

I went to a Momentum meeting to see for myself. They’re all mental! Absolutely unhinged. A rag tag bunch of misfits you’d cross the street to avoid. And definitely move house if they were your neighbours.

Militant ranting factional lefties, stuck in the 1970’s (piss-sodden mattress), bedwetting little victims, totally unable to cope with modern life (car on bricks), mad, paranoid conspiracy theorists (burning pallets), and then the majority…. your full on yoghurt-knitting, free-range, organic, vegan, lesbian, multicultural, ban the bomb, disband the armed forcer, nationalise all businesses, rail against everything, because capitalism is evil brigade (rusty washing machine).

These people, and their bonkers opinions and beliefs, are not only abhorrent to most ‘normal’ people, they are now dictating labour policy

The general voting population are now the rest of the street, who are spending their evenings on Right Move, looking to get the **** out of there fast

The labour party is finished! Over! In its place is 22 Shit Street….

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    teamhurtmore
    Free Member

the failed 1990s new labour solutions

therein lies the conundrum – define failure!!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

ctk
    Free Member

Yawn. Your metaphor doesn’t make sense and your facts dont stack up.

Corbyn won with old members new members etc.

My dad had had enough of Corbyn thought he had no chance in a G.E- he wanted to vote for Owen Smith but after seeing the debate on QT he couldn’t. Corbyn was the better candidate.

If Corbo is rubbish the rest of them are worse.

dazh

therein lies the conundrum – define failure!!

Two election defeats?

ctk
    Free Member

(Corbyn has aged alot since being elected looking at the above pic and him recently in interviews.)

binners

Yawn. Your metaphor doesn’t make sense and your facts dont stack up.

It does, and they do.

Thm the problem with Labour is that the PLP think the only way to get power is to stand right next to theTories and try to look prettier.

Yeah, bollocks to that and the electoral victories it delivered, and the infinitely better lives it delivered to so many people than they’d have had under 13 years of Tory rule, eh? ****ing Balirites!!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

are we talking about the same time?

ctk
    Free Member

Lost the last 2 gen elecs binners.

ctk
    Free Member

Oh and your metaphor doesn’t make sense and your facts dont stack up so ner.

kerley
    Free Member

If Corbo is rubbish the rest of them are worse.

Exactly. I voted for Corbyn first time around. This was based on him being closer to my values than the others (which to me were close to Tory)
    However, I didn’t think he would be a great leader but though the shake up would be good and then a person better positioned as leader could come in the aftermath.
    That is the problem, where are the better people?

I also don’t see the point of a centrist Labour party to appeal to voters. If voters wanted that they could vote Liberal couldn’t they?

The challenge is getting the people who would be better off under Labour to actually realise it.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

where are the better people?

Are they the ones with scab Blairite tattooed on their forehead?

How about the shadow cabinet?

How about that lady that keeps sending emails to Jezza? She seems pretty switched on

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The challenge is getting the people who would be better off under Labour to actually realise it.

The challenge is trying to explain how you are going to achieve this, presenting credible policy, demonstrating how and convincing people how they will be better off

dazh

are we talking about the same time?

I’m talking about the last two elections obviously. Both fought on pretty much the same new labour strategy as TB’s victories, and both lost. The second one even after the tories failed on pretty much everything they promised in 2010. New Labour clearly doesn’t work without TB.

kerley
    Free Member

The challenge is trying to explain how you are going to achieve this, presenting credible policy, demonstrating how and convincing people how they will be better off

Yes, a better version of what I was trying to say.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Care to explain why?
    Leadership Qualities
    Proven Strategic thinking
    Solid reasoning
    Communication skills
    Want to score him out of 10?
    (examples please)

How is everyone’s homework going?

dazh

Leadership Qualities
    Proven Strategic thinking
    Solid reasoning
    Communication skills

Policies that the membership actually support?

binners

where are the better people?

They’re bright people. They know that to stand against Corbyn is totally pointless. Because the ‘electorate’ they have to win over can’t be won over because they’re all insane (see post above), and living on another planet.

So they’re either keeping their heads down (note the tumbleweed blowing across the labour benches when Jezza needs support), so as not to be associated with the glorious leaders electorally repellent ‘brand’, or they’ve just given up, and are buggering off to do something less soul-destroyingly futile instead

unfortunately, we’re all the worse off for this, for so many reasons. Not least as an uber-right wing tory party, mad on Brexit cool aid, marches us off to god only knows where, all completely unopposed

Lets be honest… even the unhinged, clueless lefties around the glorious leader don’t exactly look like they’re enjoying ‘The Revolution’ do they?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Policies that the membership electorate actually support?

FTFY.

ctk
    Free Member

MikeSmith he beats the other candidates in all those categories.

ctk
    Free Member

Just to qualify he beat all the other candidates soundly in those categories at the time of the leadership election. I’m not going to argue leadership now!

binners

Too right comrade!! All hail Reg!

Anyway… what candidates? Just to repeat….

They’re bright people. They know that to stand against Corbyn is totally pointless. Because the ‘electorate’ they have to win over can’t be won over because they’re all insane (see post above), and living on another planet.

dazh

FTFY.

And we’re back to the ‘winning is all that counts’ debate. You need both the membership, and the electorate to support the policies. The membership are the people who do the legwork and give the party it’s foundation. If they don’t agree with the party’s policies, the electorate are not going to vote in the numbers required to win. A party founded on democratic principles with no members is not a party.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ctk – Member
    MikeSmith he beats the other candidates in all those categories.

Doesn’t mean his is any good does it, like asking if you want to be shot in the knees or elbows

ctk
    Free Member

Read my last few posts Mike you’re agreeing with me.

cranberry
    Free Member

Policies that the membership actually support?

Yes, but as binners has, very poetically, pointed out – the members are morons.

Yep, morons.

So, do you have the official opposition listening to the country and trying to gain power and steer policies towards the left of centre, or do you have the ex-opposition as they now are, representing 500,000 [Mod edit] being a total irrelevance ?

Most of the voters, and therefore, votes are clustered around “X”

Tony, for all his faults, realised that you cannot gain power and lead from the edges. This should not be rocket science to anyone with a couple of brain cells to rub together.

Labour is currently clustered around a complete f***up.

binners

The membership are the people who do the legwork and give the party it’s foundation.

Speaking to my local labour councillors, which I do regularly, nobody has actually seen any of these new ‘members’. They joined, voted for Corbyn, and thats it. Other than that, they are not active in the party in any way. They certainly don’t do any ‘legwork’ or give the party anything at all.

Though I believe that in certain constituencies they are active. In that they’re trying to deselect any candidate who might be running the risk of appealing to a wider electorate, and not just a little cabal of leftie headbbangers

Meanwhile the saner members of the party, who actually inhabit planet earth, and did actually used to do said ‘legwork’ are leaving in droves

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

New Labour clearly doesn’t work without TB.

It gets worse doesn’t it….

A party founded on democratic principles with no members is not a party.

A party with few voters is an irrelevance

And a party in a brewery with no piss up is a pretty poor party!

Meanwhile the saner members of the party, who actually inhabit planet earth, are leaving in droves

History repeats itself

ctk
    Free Member

I thought the new members had taken over everything?

dazh

the members are morons.

All half a million of them? Yes, of course they are 🙄

nobody has actually seen any of these new ‘members’

Hardly a surprise if the attitude above is typical of average local labour party activists? Has the labour party actually considered reaching out to these new members in an effort to utilise all these new ideas and energy?

cranberry
    Free Member

And we’re back to the ‘winning is all that counts’ debate. You need both the membership, and the electorate to support the policies. The membership are the people who do the legwork and give the party it’s foundation.

No.

In order to get power, to change things in the way that you think is better you need the electorate.

Votes

Full stop.

The Conservatives had fewer members in 2014, they won the election in 2015:

binners

I thought the new members had taken over everything?

Nope…… just the votes in leadership elections

DrJ

Most of the voters, and therefore, votes are clustered around “X”

What is this supposed to represent? A distribution of what?

Surely Corbyn’s job is a) to see what’s wrong, b) to work out how to fix it, and c) get the electorate to agree, whatever their amount of x-ness. He may or may not have done a) and b) – he has done a spectacularly bad job of c)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Binners the new members are to be seen on facebook, Twiter etc. The Americans have a great pejorative term for them … SJW .. Social Justice Warriors. Changing the world (cough) one “like” at a time.

cranberry
    Free Member

All half a million of them? Yes, of course they are

Well, they are the ones that have utterly destroyed what was a massively impressive vote winning organisation – the first time in history that Labour had won a 2nd election in a row ( usually they screw up so badly in the first term that people drop them like a shitty stick ).

Labour won 3 times in a row. Unprecedented. It utterly dominated the middle ground ( see graph above ).

The conservatives couldn’t touch them. Then Labour returned, slowly to its un-electable comfort zone under Comrade Broon. It has now passed that and gone into a point of being a joke, out the other side again and into utter irrelevance.

All done by giving the [Mod edit] and some mischievous Conservatives a say over who should “lead” the party.

binners

Has the labour party actually considered reaching out to these new members in an effort to utilise all these new ideas and energy?

What? Start an online petition? 😆

cranberry
    Free Member

c) get the electorate to agree

In Corbynistan Party tells you.

🙂

DrJ

In Corbynistan Party tells you.

I’m sure that made sense in your head, but …

Viewing 40 posts - 12,201 through 12,240 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.