Viewing 40 posts - 12,161 through 12,200 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Well apparently they are also now heartily sick of the glorious leaders endless procrastination, meetings that go on for days with no resolution, the total failure to be able to make a decision on policy, and just being absolutely useless.

I’m a fan of Corbyn’s point of view and constructive approach to problem solving rather than political mud slinging. However it’s becoming increasingly clear that despite the positives, he’s not the right person for the job. Given time, enough PLP members should realise this, you’d think, and there can be another leadership challenge.

Is there any polling on support within the party membership? Weren’t the £3 members signed up for a year, meaning they’ll lapse soon?

binners

I’m a fan of Corbyn’s point of view and constructive approach to problem solving

not bothering to solve them is indeed a unique approach, but I’m not sure how constructive it is Molls? 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

Most politicians are “I’M RIGHT YOU’RE WRONG LA LA LA”

I’m a fan of the principle of hearing all sides and forming a consensus*. Not fashionable in politics today is it?

* not that Corbyn is necessarily pro-active enough to do this, but I think it’s his general approach.

mefty
    Free Member

This is a Political Sketch Writer, but in this case he is making a very strong point, not sure all the blame can be laid at JC’s door – but he certainly has not helped.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Dont blame the puppet, blame the puppet masters?

(Cuckoo)

dazh

not sure all the blame can be laid at JC’s door

Come on now. That sort of madness does not belong on this thread. EVERYTHING, from brexit, Donald Trump, to the shit weather is Jeremy Corbyn’s fault. He tried to fix it by buying a new suit and going on telly more, but nothing will keep this lot happy.

jambalaya
    Free Member

The “leader” set’s the tone, makes key decisions, inspires and well … leads. Corbyn either does these badly or not at all. Numerous MPs have said the same thing, when faced with a complicated issue or conflicting demands his head goes down and he simply does nothing.

In the way that the Tories would rather the NHS is out of the geadlines (as they achieved in 2015 GE by promising £8bn to Labour’s £2bn) Labour need immigration and Brexit to dissapear and the news to be about something they have a coherent policy on. What that is I couldn’t tell you.

tjagain

Binners – do you actually follow what Corbyn says? – I have seen several very good statements from him over leaving the EU.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Binners probably follows it in the same way as the Guardian columnists:

It all doomed Corbyn to a pretty miserable session, in which he got some of his facts wrong and in which May was able to treat him with a contempt that isn’t pretty, but which accurately reflected the fact that, when it comes to Brexit, she knows what she wants and Corbyn doesn’t really know what he wants. And it showed.

He has been found wanting yet again on this key issue.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jan/18/jeremy-corbyn-theresa-may-brexit-pmqs-irony-lady

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have seen several very good statements from him over leaving the EU.

The problem is those statements contradict each other 8)

He really does just seem to say the first thing that comes into his head.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

we are talking about Jezza not Trump, Jambas…

…oh, hang on, your correct 😀

Tristram Hunt also laying a size 11 in on the poor old fella – still what does he know, wasn’t he a Blai***te (avoids swear filter)?

wiggles
    Free Member

Where people get their news has a big effect on their perception of people…

as such we have “people dont like corbyn based on what they have read in right-wing media” shocking…

Also how is someone being in charge because a big majority of members of the parted voting for them a bad thing?

makes much more sense than someone putting their hand up and saying “Id like daves old job” and everyone else backing out so we end up with a PM nobody (not even the tories) voted for

mikewsmith
    Free Member

as such we have “people dont like corbyn based on what they have read in right-wing media” shocking…

Also how is someone being in charge because a big majority of members of the parted voting for them a bad thing?
    Unfortunately he doesn’t give them anything else to write about, no actual leading or direction, policy on the hoof as it were.
    It’s great so many people joined a political party to vote for him, question is did they join the right party or just hijack somebody else’s?

wiggles
    Free Member

question is did they join the right party or just hijack somebody else’s?

I think they did, their blairites were the ones that hijacked it for a while

mikewsmith
    Free Member

That could be called progress though. Still they are keeping him in a job, just a shame nobody is really being leader of the opposition at the moment. Still the momentum mob are happy even if nobody else is.

cranberry
    Free Member

Where people get their news has a big effect on their perception of people…

That is right – if you close your eyes and ears and shout !No Pasaran! 3 times, yo find out he has a secret well of competence that simply doesn’t get reported in the press, who would rather quote what he has said and what he has done.

Damn those dirty, right-wing chosen by the people, in a free market, press

tjagain

80% of the press in this country is right to far right in its outlook. ONly the morning star is leftwing

cranberry
    Free Member

Aye comrade!

But no one forces anyone to buy a particular outlet’s news ( except of course the BBC ). So that would suggest, given your figures that 80% of the people who want to read the news want to do so from a conservative viewpoint.

Long may it continue.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

80% of the press in this country is right to far right in its outlook. ONly the morning star is leftwing

And judging by the polls/election results so are the people.
    You can only complain about the media so much, the trumpette seemed to do OK without them.
    The one major problem is he is not a leader. That is nothing about policy, viewpoint etc. He just doesn’t know how to lead, get his points across or lead a party. Whine, moan and complain about the media all you want but it still doesn’t change what he is.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I have seen several very good statements from him over leaving the EU.

He was meant to be a remainer though 😉

Odd that a convtiction (sic) politician cannot say what he really thinks about immigration because he needs to pander the large percentage of Xenophobes whose vote he needs. That’s some convtiction….

Until they make their minds up on FoM they cannot add any value to the debate.

DrJ

The one major problem is he is not a leader.

I think the major problem with him is that he is just not very bright. He doesn’t seem to grasp the details of the situation and he doesn’t think on his feet. To be outwitted by a dullard like May really takes some doing.

cranberry
    Free Member

He was meant to be a remainer though

An old dinosaur, out of touch, desperate to re-fight long-lost battles, unable to accept reality – yep – he’s a remainer.

😉

binners

Latest polling shows that the Tories are now more trusted on the NHS than labour. The one solitary remaining area where labour ALWAYS polls ahead of the Tories is no more. Way to go Jezza!! Thats some achievement, given the present relentless ‘Crisis in the NHS’ headlines.

It can surely only be down to the fact that in the vast majority of peoples eyes the present labour ‘leadership’ couldn’t be trusted to run a bath efficiently, or effectively. They just exude an air of muddled incompetence, or total irrelevance, in pretty much every area.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Surely not. The masses wil join the messiah following the rally call on twatter

Labour created the NHS to care for us all – now it’s time to #CarefortheNHS. Join an event near you this Saturday ? labour.org.uk/nhs

Get some banners binners and join the crusade

jambalaya
    Free Member

cranberry 🙂

Binners in fairness to Corbyn I think the Tories where ahead on the NHS at 2015 GE, when you are aeen as incompetant on the Economy it flows through to everything else.

I read about Angela Rayner’s speech, “Ideology never put food on my table” …. indeed and being in opposition you can achieve very little

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/angela-rayner-labour-tony-blair_uk_587f8e70e4b005cc588b7224?iwkit3xr&utm_hp_ref=uk

dazh

They just exude an air of muddled incompetence, or total irrelevance, in pretty much every area.

I don’t disagree, yet labour party MPs can’t find anyone who can beat him. That’s the real problem. I’m interested in what they and their ilk are doing to resolve this other than just whining from the sidelines or even worse buggering off to find new jobs.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I don’t disagree, yet labour party MPs can’t find anyone who can beat him. That’s the real problem.

Agreed. Its a sad state of affairs.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@dazh not with the new rules, no. You have a group of committed activists dictating the direction of the party. I’d be willing to bet the Sunderland Leave voters would think McDonnell’s Marxism is for the nutters. You can see that Momentum are now insisting you join Labour, this is a clear responce to the entryists / Cuckoo brigade.

Sadly for Labour this has worked out even worse (/better) that we thought. I thought it would be lefty fun and games until May Scottish elections and then he’d be kicked out.

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

tjagain – Member

Is that the morning star that celebrated the “liberation” of Aleppo a few weeks ago?

If thats an honest representation of what you consider left then I’ve just realised that I’m right wing for the first time in my life.

dazh

not with the new rules, no. You have a group of committed activists dictating the direction of the party.

Rubbish. The power of the trots is vastly over-estimated, and momentum aren’t even affiliated so how can they ‘dictate direction’ (aside from the fact that they’re more interested in arguing amongst themselves about voting procedures)? This is an easy and convenient excuse for the PLP and others who still refuse to admit and address the real problem.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rubbish. The power of the trots is vastly over-estimated, and momentum aren’t even affiliated so how can they ‘dictate direction’ (aside from the fact that they’re more interested in arguing amongst themselves about voting procedures)?

Why? they managed to put their man in charge, they don’t need to influence people.

This is an easy and convenient excuse for the PLP and others who still refuse to admit and address the real problem.

So what is the real problem?

DrJ

Get some banners binners

Easy for you to say 🙂

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Well the morning star is a step up from WingsoverScotland!

Indeed what is the “real” problem?

ctk
    Free Member

Yawn momentum trots etc its bullshit. Labour party members voted in droves for Corbyn because he was the best candidate. The vast majority of Labour members have nothing to do with momentum.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Cranberry 😀

Labour party members voted in droves for Corbyn because he was the best candidate.

Oops

dragon
    Free Member

abour party members voted in droves for Corbyn because he was the best candidate.

😆 😆 😆

To be fair the Tories once put IDS in charge, so picking dreadful leaders isn’t unique to Labour.

ctk
    Free Member

Thm the problem with Labour is that the PLP think the only way to get power is to stand right next to theTories and try to look prettier.

Labour Party members do not want this. Also its become an open goal for the Tories who can just say for example “yes but there is less prvatisation of the NHS now than under Labour and Labour also **** the economy”.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

and Howard and Hague (too early)…..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

abour party members voted in droves for Corbyn because he was the best candidate.

Care to explain why?
    Leadership Qualities
    Proven Strategic thinking
    Solid reasoning
    Communication skills

Want to score him out of 10?
    (examples please)

Viewing 40 posts - 12,161 through 12,200 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.