Viewing 40 posts - 6,001 through 6,040 (of 21,377 total)
  • Jeremy Corbyn
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Ernie the Labour MPs voted for the “cuts” as they wanted to show fiscal responsibility, the lack of credibility there being a key factor in them losing the 2015 GE

I want to see Corbyn out now a change from me being most amused he was elected as he has become a magnet for extremists and anti-semites (how many other MPs call Hamas and Hezbollah friends), far from tackling the issue he has tried to bury 3 reports and Shami’s “report” might was well have had “cover up” written at the top of every one of its 41 pages. I waded through the lot but you only had to read the terms of referemce to see what the objective was. Did anyone ever say the Labour party was “over-run” ? Not even I accused them of that and I am highly critical on the issue. He couldn’t even carry off the press conference either, he only had to behave for an hour. His true colours shone through brightly

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

” crime is that he is the first person in living memory to shake up the Parliament/the establishment. For that reason they will relentlessly try to crush him.
    And he’s only been able to do it now after 30 years in Parliament because of the huge support he has behind him. “

Eh? Surely this logic should, no indeed must apply to Farage?

Because of course Farage is Leader of the Opposition and as long as his party rallies behind him he stands a chance of becoming the next Prime Minister but one !

Farage is in exactly the same position as Corbyn !!!!!!! 😆

Brilliant ninfan…….don’t ever stop! 😆

I don’t know where the Corbynite conspiracy theories begin or end anymore – Me and Jamba paid three quid to elect the bloke, and I’m sure we would both be happy enough to do so again.

Well read the Daily Telegraph if want to know more about the plots against Corbyn, here’s that link again :

Labour rebels hope to topple Jeremy Corbyn in 24-hour blitz after EU referendum

Jambalaya might well have “paid three quid to elect the bloke” less than a year ago but back then he was also predicting, with absolute 100% certainty, that with Corbyn as leader Labour would experience electoral meltdown.

That obviously hasn’t happened and now all those Daily Telegraph readers who thought their little stunt was so funny are desperately hoping that he will be toppled.

I don’t hear Jambalaya talk about the electoral armageddon that will befall Labour if Corbyn remains leader, only lots of reasons why he should be replaced.

The latest one is “The Labour Party needs an aspirational message. Right now its all about booing the Tories like a Pantomime villan and spending money we don’t have”.

Not a word about how Corbyn guarantees that Labour gets hammered in elections.

Northwind

ernie_lynch – Member

That obviously hasn’t happened and now all those Daily Telegraph readers who thought their little stunt was so funny are desperately hoping that he will be toppled.

And have you noticed, they’re largely back to pretending that the £3 made a difference, rather than just being a kind donation to the Labour party?

epicyclo

ninfan – Member
    …Eh? Surely this logic should, no indeed must apply to Farage?

I agree. In fact Farage has been more successful, but in a destructive way. He has caused the avalanche.

Nigel has been working at shaking the Establishment for a long time.

binners

Sounds like John Macdonald and his rent-a-mob have now moved on from the 70’s to the 80’s, and are using the Militant Tendency as a model for acceptable behaviour. It’s progress of sorts I suppose. A natural evolution, in a way

That should help improve Jeremy’s already huge, and broad, electoral appeal. Everyone loves a politician whos backed up by a bunch of thugs!

Ask Putin.

I presume that’s who he’s trying to emulate?

ninfan
    Free Member

Ninfan and I both voted Labour in 1997 so maybe they should

Well, only if they actually think that getting elected is a more effective way of dictating government policy than protesting about it 😆

binners

That kind of thinking is the territory of the bourgeoisie, and must be resisted at all costs comrade!

ninfan
    Free Member

Because of course Farage is Leader of the Opposition and as long as his party rallies behind him he stands a chance of becoming the next Prime Minister but one !

You may not have noticed, but I’m going to suggest here that in;

i) driving the political agenda to force the PM to offer a referendum on the EU to keep his party together and stand a chance of winning win the last election,
    ii) successfully winning that referendum, leading to the resignation of the PM

NIgel Farage has done more to ‘shake up the establishment’ than Corbyn has achieved in thirty odd years of protest politics.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ernie, if delivering third to the Tories in Scotland and losing your majority in Wales (who asked him to stay away during the campaign) isn’t enough to demonstrate the electoral impact of Corbyn then be my guest and crack on. I have to balance my negative views of Corbyn with the fact that his conduct over the past months has helped deliver a win for Leave.

I am firmly of the view Corbyn will only deliver electoral diaster for Labour, if they want to win they need a radically different agenda than he is promoting.

NIgel Farage has done more to ‘shake up the establishment’ than Corbyn has achieved in thirty odd years of protest politics.

This

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

It’s far easier to destroy than to create.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie, if delivering third to the Tories in Scotland…..

Yep, Scots turned against Labour because of Corbyn, it had nothing to do with the New Labour/Blairite shower who had been in charge of the Labour Party for the previous 20 years. If only Blair had still been leader, eh?

OK, I see that jambalaya, ninfan, and binners, are all on this thread now, the possibility of a sensible discussion appear too remote. Time to leave it for a while.

jambalaya
    Free Member

From the head of Momentum

The Labour Party has gained 60,000 new members during the current leadership crisis. According to Mr Schneider, 60 per cent of the first 13,000 to sign up volunteered the information that they were joining to back Mr Corbyn against those who want him out, although there is no requirement for applicants to give a reason for joining. He also claimed that a large number had made their applications via Momentum’s web site.

ninfan
    Free Member

It’s far easier to destroy than to create.

But every act of creation is first an act of destruction, non?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Time to leave it for a while.

Noted, why don’t you stay. I’ll go. Its pointless if any discussion is too one sided

epicyclo

jambalaya – Member
    Ernie, if delivering third to the Tories in Scotland…

Actually we love Corbyn up here, but he has one vital flaw. He does not support Scottish independence.

No other Labour leader would have done any better .

He is seen as one of the few honest politicians in the Labour party. He is not personally a liability to Labour as far as we are concerned, but independence is our priority.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Late to the game, but did this ever get posted from Private Eye? Seems relevant.

5thElefant
    Free Member

No other Labour leader would have done any better .

Yes, from a Snp perspective he’s great. Making them the only credible opposition.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Jambayla, Nifan’s etc…if Corbyn is so bad why would you be hoping he leave?
    Logic would say that as Tory supporters you would be encouraging him to stay (since you think he’s so bad) to ensure he makes your party look good….very odd your stances don’t you think? 😀 ….

It’s a bit like the boy in the playground being mean to the girl because he fancies her…although I don’t think you fancy JC, I think you fear him for someone who has the potential to upset your world…

5thElefant
    Free Member

An opposition is important. Otherwise the ruling party can take the piss.

The tories could reinstate conscription and invade France and they’d still be more electable than labour right now.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Now @5thelephant…you’re surely not being serious there…if you fear your parties choices why vote for them..?

5thElefant
    Free Member

I didn’t.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Ah, crossed communication. I thought you were talking on behalf of Jambayla etc , not as a concerned opposition.

5thElefant
    Free Member

It doesn’t matter who you voted for or who’s in charge, you still need a credible opposition.

DrJ

you still need a credible opposition

What do you suggest – that Labour paint some appealing lies on buses and drive around getting gullible folk to vote for them?

ninfan
    Free Member

What do you suggest – that Labour paint some appealing lies on buses and drive around getting gullible folk to vote for them?

as opposed to vague promises written in stone?

pondo

Lies it is, then. Hurrah for politics.

edenvalleyboy
    Free Member

Some would say there is a credible opposition right now since JC appears to be getting everyone’s knickers in a twist (membership is not falling for example)… he’s challenging the neo-liberal order and people clearly feel agitated by it…

binners

The SNP have made a good fist of being a real opposition. But it would be nice for the official opposition to put in an appearence at some point.

I genuinely think that Dave telling Corbyn ‘for gods sake GO!’ With some degree of passion at PMQ’s was provoked by him going AWOL during the referendum. He was basically saying “when it came to helping out in fighting the more mental, out-there, rabid fringes of the Tory party, and the fruit loops and racists of UKIP, on such a massively important issue, you couldn’t even step up and do that!”

A feeling shared by quite a lot of people, myself included

DrJ

A feeling shared by quite a lot of people, myself included

Then you have to address the question of why Labour voters matched Scottish voters in their choice to Remain, whereas Cameron’s lot did not. Cameron has nobody to blame but himself.

binners

Did you not get the memo?

We’re leaving the EU.

I know… mad, Eh?

Corbyn – the leader of the opposition (apparently) was AWOL for the whole campaign. Maybe if he’d put in an appearences at some point, the result may have been different.

He obviously had some more pressing, important things to do, instead of HELPING PREVENT US BEING DRAGGED OUT OF THE ****ING EU!!!!! THE ****ING STUPID, SELF-INDULGENT, USELESS BEARDY PRICK!!!!

DrJ

He obviously had some more pressing, important things to do

Whatever he did or didn’t do was evidently more effective than what Cam the Ham did, so I’m not really sure why you aren’t directing your sweary CAPITALS at him instead ?

binners

You missed the other memo too?

Dave immediately resigned.

And at the moment he actually has considerably more credibility than the bearded one, on account of him taking the time to actually bloody turn up and put a shift in!

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Why would Corbyn turn up to help? He’s a massive EU sceptic. What did he say in June? I’d give the EU 7 out of 10! Wow!!

DrJ

turn up and put a shift in!

Put a shift in doing what? Oh yes, trying to get his own bollocks out of the alligator’s mouth he put them in when he called a referendum without having a good enough deal from EU. But yeah – it’s Corbyn’s fault, obviously.

ctk
    Free Member

Its not Corbyns fault Binners. You are wrong. Same percentage of Labour voters as SNP voted remain. Angela Eagle herself said “he’s been working up and down the country with the energy of a 25 year old its not our fault the media are not reporting it”

Media more interested in Tory tittle tattle.

& also his Islington constituency voted massively for remain. Alan Johnson who was in charge of Remain campaign lost in his constituency, so did Tristram Hunts, Caroline Flint etc etc

binners

Well there are a few other threads on that whole debacle. This thread is about the Non-entity who is alladgedly the leader of the Labour Party, who somewhat unbelievably has managed to make his predecessor look like a Churchillian political heavyweight

DrJ

binners old chap – you are starting to sound like jamba with a spell-checker 🙂

binners

The difference is that Jammers will be enjoying seeing the pathetic, irrelevent state of the present Labour Party. I assure you that I most definitely am not!

allthepies
    Free Member

What’s the end game here ?

Jezza continues in post. General election called by new Tory leader in 3-4 months time. Labour with current MPs get wiped out. New Jezza-compatible candidates get selected to fight the next election in 2011. Also get wiped out.

Or something else ? 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

What’s the end game here ?

According to the news, there is an attempt to compromise with Corbyn by promising to keep some of his policy points in return for him standing down. Which could work out well – Corbyn gets to peg the party slightly more left, the PLP get a more centrist leader.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,001 through 6,040 (of 21,377 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.